Home

NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #49
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapdinger69

When I see that fact sheet they have I cringe when i see broken sticks as a major bulletized feature. I realize sticks break, but is it really that big of a deal to put it as a major feature WOW BROKEN STICKS! its just odd to me. And after broken sticks NHL 11's new patented keep your player hydrated feature!!!! Now control how much water your player drinks, make sure they don't feel thirsty!!! And Dont forget to gas up the zamboni either!
LOL is that why my defensive teamate couldnt pick up the forward at the back post because he was thirsty?

Skating and Ai needs some love, in the NHL11 vid the players look like they are wearing hover skates looks worse than ever.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:53 AM   #50
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
LOL is that why my defensive teamate couldnt pick up the forward at the back post because he was thirsty?

Skating and Ai needs some love, in the NHL11 vid the players look like they are wearing hover skates looks worse than ever.
Yeah...so much more totally worse than ever completely for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, how do you know that??? Did you run an experiment???
Old 06-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 2

I think it's great that they added celebrations and it's long overdue.

Anyone recall Ovie's "hot stick" celebration? REAL NHL does have some odd over the top celebrations. Stuff like that is fun when you're playing a friend and really want to get into his head.

Thanks EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapdinger69
I agree with bama. I guess to each their own, but I would like EA to get the concept of hockey down first , get the AI working smartly and then deal with the flashy stuff later. There are plenty of issues with AI and with GM logic that they can focus on. It would be great if the AI didn't cycle the puck like Chihuahuas on crack , or if i could actually take the puck away from the AI or bump them off the puck without them taking it right back 1 nanosecond after, and how about GM mode fixing the trade and free agent logic? Oh and the bug where if you switch to your AHL team, play a game, save your game in the AHL screen and then never be able to go back to your NHL team....... nah that doesn't need to get fixed right? NO NO i'm not bitter about that at all since I only played every game in the entire GM season and into the playoffs and then woops ALL GONE!

When I see that fact sheet they have I cringe when i see broken sticks as a major bulletized feature. I realize sticks break, but is it really that big of a deal to put it as a major feature WOW BROKEN STICKS! its just odd to me. And after broken sticks NHL 11's new patented keep your player hydrated feature!!!! Now control how much water your player drinks, make sure they don't feel thirsty!!! And Dont forget to gas up the zamboni either!
You'd be amazed at how many people asked year after year for broken sticks. Now that they took the time to put them in the game in a way that makes sense and could possibly add more realism to the game, people still complain. Guess there's just no pleasing some people.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
I think it's great that they added celebrations and it's long overdue.

Anyone recall Ovie's "hot stick" celebration? REAL NHL does have some odd over the top celebrations. Stuff like that is fun when you're playing a friend and really want to get into his head.

Thanks EA!
No place in the NHL and no place in an NHL game.

If I wanted to watch a league of showoffs and boisterous goofs - I'd watch the NBA.

Ovechkin will get his. Trust me.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
No place in the NHL and no place in an NHL game.

If I wanted to watch a league of showoffs and boisterous goofs - I'd watch the NBA.

Ovechkin will get his. Trust me.

Ehh, I am torn on this.. I think there certainly is a place for celebrations in real life. I just think it need to be respectful.

But you got to celebrate.. the fans are going nuts, and horns and songs are blaring on the PA, plus you just busted your *** with your teamates (more then likely anyway) to score a goal against one of the best goalies in the world... you deserve a little celebration.

Ovie does cross that line occasionally and yeah, he will get his, but even with him, I dont think that over-celebrating in the NHL is really an issue. I am pretty happy with it as it is... even with the occasional "line-stepper".
Old 06-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UwantRadie
Ehh, I am torn on this.. I think there certainly is a place for celebrations in real life. I just think it need to be respectful.
Don't misunderstand me. I don't want them to simply not have any life. I just don't like the "hot stick" celebration and that type of single-me-out type of crap.

Nothing wrong with the board slam or fist pumps and what not. But the more individualistic the celebration is - the more it's a problem.

To me - anything that moves away from emotional excitement does not belong in the NHL. Once you have a scripted response you are no longer celebrating, but now you're taunting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 47

I say that all celebrations should be out lawed. The only one the NHL should allow are the five man hug and hand shakes on the bench.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »