Home

NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #57
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 11 Hands-On E3 Impressions (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Guess there's just no pleasing some people.
Its so true I have it in a tattoo...

or at least I should.

I'm sorry a lot of you are so hard to please...

I guess...well...I guess...

I guess it just makes me more thankful that I am one of those people who just appreciates everything I'm seeing unfold before my eyes.

I'm 30, which means I'm old enough to have played an *** load of NHLPA in 92 or 93 when I was just a kid. Therefore, something about that experience has caused a great appreciation for what NHL11 will be.

I'm just thankful all over aren't I???

Hardly. I just really like this game.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 24

Ovechkin did the hot-stick celebration once. Out of 269 career goals. The celebrations I wish games like this would be the expressions of pure joy and happiness that we see from every player after goals. They need to capture the excitement of the game.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:34 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83

Ovechkin will get his. Trust me.
People have been saying this for a longtime. I'm not holding out for anything happening to Ove anytime soon.

It would be cool if they put in some real goal celebrations and not some made up ones. Like the one Buff uses to make the Vancouver fans mad would be nice. lol.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

I play this game religiously and believe this is awesome. If you play online then you should have absolutely no qualms with this being added. Whats better then choosing which way to rub a hard earned goal in you're opponents face? I'm sure this didn't hurt any other aspects of the game. I don't see why anyone would be displeased with this. If you don't like it, then don't use it. Yes, it is a simulation, the best sports sim out there. At the same time tho its still a video game, have fun...
Old 06-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #61
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrops08
I play this game religiously and believe this is awesome. If you play online then you should have absolutely no qualms with this being added. Whats better then choosing which way to rub a hard earned goal in you're opponents face? I'm sure this didn't hurt any other aspects of the game. I don't see why anyone would be displeased with this. If you don't like it, then don't use it. Yes, it is a simulation, the best sports sim out there. At the same time tho its still a video game, have fun...
Now that was a nice 200th post...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 47

It is the CPU that I am worried about. I hate those unreal celebrations. I am hoping that the CPU can't do any of those new off the wall celebrations. If it don't do any of those, then I will be happy.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #63
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
It is the CPU that I am worried about. I hate those unreal celebrations. I am hoping that the CPU can't do any of those new off the wall celebrations. If it don't do any of those, then I will be happy.
Redshirt said over in my thread about Goal Celebrations and Broken Sticks that the CPU uses generic celebrations.

You might want to check it out...I actually pose a potential problem in the game, something you tend to believe I never do.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ebrations.html

And did I just see that Halak was traded to the Blues???

Gotta go verify that one. Late.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Redshirt already said the CPU doesn't use them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »