Home

Pucking Ridiculous: Stay Away, I'm Sick

This is a discussion on Pucking Ridiculous: Stay Away, I'm Sick within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 7
I feel your affliction. Fortunately, my Doctor prescribed me some NCAA to help with the pain until I can get my NHL 11 fix.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
I moved to central kentucky for a year after college (grew up in Michigan). I felt like i was a sports pagan. All the guys i worked just kinda knew me as some weird guy that loved hockey. I had to pretend to understand UK basketball, despite my utter apathy toward the sport. My paganism continued as my weekly beer league game in Lexington was my holy sanctuary where i could be around those like me. Being forced to watch the Stanley cup playoffs pushed into a corner of a sportsbar, It was hard on me. Watching my redwings win the stanley cup with nobody to yell with or hug.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4
I can't wait! I'm still majorly dissapointed Gary Thorne is play by play guy. WHEN YOU CAN ONLY PRONOUNCE 70 PERCENT OF THE PLAYERS PROPERLY, THAT'S A BIG PROBLEM!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #12
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19
I feel your your pain, NHL is the one game I play year around and is my favorite out of all games I play.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #13
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Pucking Ridiculous: Stay Away, I'm Sick

I think most of us on the board can relate to the painful wait for 9/7.

And like Plaidchuck mentioned, the guys at EA Canada have certainly added things to the coming game to be excited about.

I've been blessed in a number of ways. And one of those ways is to have been born and raised in "Hockey country"...Northeastern Minnesota.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:15 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 9
Yeah the temperature is rising for sure, fortunately I live in Finland where hockey is the national sport, so I have plenty of people to talk NHL11 with.

We´re counting days to the release, unfortunately we don´t get the game until the 16th or something...
Old 07-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #15
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
That's one thing about Jersey--for unimpressive as it really is (especially when it comes to hockey, other than having ONE high school that's arguably top 3 in the country, we're nothing special), everyone's got hockey fever. So many kids are playing, and even the kids that aren't playing tune in occasionally. Believe it or not, people ACTUALLY DO go to Devils games! I was shocked!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Pucking Ridiculous: Stay Away, I'm Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
That's one thing about Jersey--for unimpressive as it really is (especially when it comes to hockey, other than having ONE high school that's arguably top 3 in the country, we're nothing special), everyone's got hockey fever. So many kids are playing, and even the kids that aren't playing tune in occasionally. Believe it or not, people ACTUALLY DO go to Devils games! I was shocked!
Yeah, it is fairly popular in this area. And yes, we do have more than 50 fans, lmao!!! I'm happy to live in a part of the country where people don't look at you as if you've got two heads when you say that you're a hockey fan. I know a lot of folks who can relate to my passion for the game.

Loved the original post, BTW. '11 sounds incredible. I'm getting the fever already as well.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204

Last edited by matt8204; 07-30-2010 at 12:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »