Home

Madden NFL 11 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #73
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 11 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
I am going to have to RESPECTFULLY disagree with this review. First and foremost it reads like a Preview....and a very defensive one at that.

There is no breakdown of positives vs. negatives...This is most definitely one sided.

Also I wasn't aware that Pro-Tak was based off of phsyics.....

Madden 11 has been scored a 9 (exceptional) .....Yet the negatives listed Franchise and Superstar mode are the same as they have been for the entire next-gen lifecycle....not to mention there are plenty of other issues plaguing this game (I own an official copy).....

I'll see you all on Sunday, with my own personal assessment of Madden 11. (Maybe even earlier).
I agree. No offense, but to me this was a terrible review. It sounded very one sided and uncomplete. Not that I don't agree madden is an improvement over last years game, but for a hardcore site like OS I honestly expected something more indepth with both sides of the tail.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #74
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan73
All these franchise comments baffle me, do you people really miss setting hot dog and foam finger prices that badly?
That was in owner mode, which isn't necessarily a key component of franchise mode, but thanks for "asking".

We want top notch drafting(CPU drafting smartly, stories and background data on incoming players), free agency(teams making good decisions based on need and schemes), salary cap management(teams cutting and or trading players in logical fashion to have cap flexibility) , also player ratings should fluctuate based on the scheme of the teams, New coaches and assistants need to be hired from college, or promoted from other teams bringing in new schemes and strategies.

I could go on and on, maybe you don't give a damn, but hopefully now you get it.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #75
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Lets keep this about the review, guys. Thanks. There are plenty of threads for what you want in franchise mode, and how you define it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504
Are you serious??? Not to sound like a broken record, but go play NFL 2K5 franchise. THAT'S what us franchise guys want. We don't care about setting hotdog prices. Try a little weekly sportscenter show with Chris Berman, big game atmospheres, weekly gameplanning, AI actually draft players to fit into their schemes (3-4, 4-3) etc.
Cool, I'm glad that's what YOU want, for me, it's fine. See, every year "you people" make the same mistake, you seem to think your opinion is the only one that matters or counts, and I'm here to tell ya, it's just not true. Before anyone mentions it, I realize my opinion is one dog's bark, and that's all I represent it as. I would never presume to tell a reviewer how to review a game, and I definitely would NEVER dare try and tell someone what their opinion should be, which is exactly what's happening here...
Old 08-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan73
Cool, I'm glad that's what YOU want, for me, it's fine. See, every year "you people" make the same mistake, you seem to think your opinion is the only one that matters or counts, and I'm here to tell ya, it's just not true. Before anyone mentions it, I realize my opinion is one dog's bark, and that's all I represent it as. I would never presume to tell a reviewer how to review a game, and I definitely would NEVER dare try and tell someone what their opinion should be, which is exactly what's happening here...
+1

The haters will be out in force the next few weeks to tamp down any perceived enjoyment out of the game. It's their opinion or the highway.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #78
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5

One other comment, and as I said before I love Madden, but how could it posibly be scored higher than MLB The Show 10 and NHL 10?

Those games represented those sports better than Madden does and they were both more complete games. I can't see it being scored equal to those 2 let alone higher.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #79
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

I listened to the OS radio show last night and I got the impression Steve wasn't ready to post the review. He was asked questions from callers about modes such as Franchise and Superstar and his response was "I played that a little bit." Then Chris (the host) was like "Yea, I'm gonna make him go play some more franchise and sim some stats because we gotta get this review up by noon." Who knows if that happened because I don't see any simmed results posted in the review?

Seems like he was rushed or something. And there were so many short paragraphs it seemed as if he wrote a bunch of notes then fired off a paragraph from each of them. There was really no ebb and flow to the text, it just seemed like an expanded preview.

How about the X's and O's? How does the AI handle man-to-man, zone, throwing to the flats, long bombs, screens etc? And what's up with Franchise? I thought the "Head Coach" devs such as Donny Moore were brought over to Madden to pimp it out?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #80
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Seriously Chris, should you be the one doing reviews on sports games especially FOOTBALL? 9.0 basically means that you prefer arcade games and I am not sure you really see the lack of effort from these past few years of the Madden Franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »