Home

NHL 11 Video: Classic Jerseys Quick Clip

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Video: Classic Jerseys Quick Clip within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: NHL 11 Video: Classic Jerseys Quick Clip

I'm sure they aren't considered "classic" but it's a first day buy for me if the red/black Sabres jerseys are back in and playable. I'm a Flyers fan, but those PHI/BUF games in the late 90s were AWESOME.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I'm sure they aren't considered "classic" but it's a first day buy for me if the red/black Sabres jerseys are back in and playable. I'm a Flyers fan, but those PHI/BUF games in the late 90s were AWESOME.
I have a red/black Hasek jersey from then. Ah the good ol days.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #27
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus Rex
Love the new announcer!!!

But I do think the intro sequence is to short. It feels like they jus cut halfway when the game begins.
Yeah, it actually seemed shorter than last years intro. I wonder if it wasn't cut short by a user pressing the X button or something. The announcer and on ice light shows are great though.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #28
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Other hockey games had tons of retro jerseys in them, sometimes including all from an entire franchise's history. Good to see EA getting love for what others did long, long ago. Good to see the Whale back though. Can't remember the last time they were in any game.

I remember a game which had every Sabres jersey in the entire history, including:
-minor revisions through the 70s and 80s
-abominations in red and black
-silly red jerseys with butter knives on them
-plus a logo with some sort of snail type creature on it

I'll be happy with EA if they leave the Sabres classic whites in.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #29
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Yeah...I have a funny hunch there is a lot more to be happy about with the presentation this year if not already for spotlights on goal scorers, completely revamped washes of the overlays, stats flashing up on the ticker at faceoffs, custom celebrations, etc. And thats before mentioning a wider variety of game play with the new physics, goal reviews, broken sticks, etc.

I have a feeling there is something more about the presentation that we aren't being told quite yet, which may explain the lack of gameplay videos and what seems to be 'teasing' with the intros. I'm wondering what they've done that possible part where they seem to skip right to the faceoff 43 seconds into the clip--and us seeing the two centers square up at center ice.

It's just a hunch I have.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Yeah...I have a funny hunch there is a lot more to be happy about with the presentation this year if not already for spotlights on goal scorers, completely revamped washes of the overlays, stats flashing up on the ticker at faceoffs, custom celebrations, etc. And thats before mentioning a wider variety of game play with the new physics, goal reviews, broken sticks, etc.

I have a feeling there is something more about the presentation that we aren't being told quite yet, which may explain the lack of gameplay videos and what seems to be 'teasing' with the intros. I'm wondering what they've done that possible part where they seem to skip right to the faceoff 43 seconds into the clip--and us seeing the two centers square up at center ice.

It's just a hunch I have.
Yeah thats a pretty good point there OBG, I did notice it cut kinda abruptly as well, kinda like wow thats it? One stat pop up on each side, which appears to be a tender on one team and a forward on the other and poof faceoff. At any rate at least on the whole we are getting improvements, the assists in the score ticker, custom celebrations etc etc so its not a total wash in that regard even if there isn't more in store that we've not been let in on yet.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 24

Really liked the brief presentation upgrades they seemed to make.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #32
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

I want be-a-gm to have a relocation mode in Madden, and have them add better logos plus the classic logos, and let us have the classic jerseys, will make it a must-buy. And that Coyotes game has way to many fans in the arena, they need to have dynamic attendance so teams like Florida, Phoenix, etc. don't have sell outs every game.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »