Home

FIFA 11 Career Mode Q&A

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 Career Mode Q&A within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #17
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: FIFA 11 Career Mode Q&A

I really like the way transfer news is presented and they look pretty realistic moves aswell. Didn't get any of my questions asked but Fifa is a definate buy so nice to have some surprise when I get it.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
I don't know about Career mode this year. Yes, it ahs some great stuff, but I have heard that it removed the upgrading of staff, trainning, etc. I don't want to have new things only to ahve things taken out. i use to love when you played a game and then ahd to deal with press.

I always feel that when EA, regardless of the game, start with a new franchise/career/ dynasty mode, it is like a 5 year cycle before you get features you once had.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1
With this and NHL11 EA Canada in on point. I just wish EA would give them Madden so we could finally get a good game for that one.

I always love the demos but am afraid to buy it cuz I am not a big soccer fan. But who knows maybe this is the year I break down and get it.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #20
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
1) I'm glad we can change the weather. I got sick of playing in the rain 90% of the time in 10.

2) I'm bummed we cannot create-a-team in career mode. This is one area where FIFA needs to step up to match other sports games.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4
Still didn't really answer my question about the transfer market the way I wanted. It shows that the computer made some nice additions to CPU controlled teams but I was really looking to see if a CPU controlled club would give you offer after offer for a player, even when you keep rejecting them, because they wanted him. There is no real decision making as a manager in the transfer market on the selling side of it in previous versions of the game. You are never pressed to sell your best player because another club want to give you $100,000,000 for him. You either put a guy for sale, and then sell him because you just want the money for him and he doesn't play, or you keep all your players that you didn't want to sell because there is no interest from other teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #22
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

thank god scouts will recommend players for your teams needs. I made my brain hurt to many times last year deciding on who to sign, transfer, etc.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5
I don't understand why they cannot incorporate elements of football manager into the career mode. It seems like all the minor tweaking will make the mode still feel soulless.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #24
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGer76
I don't understand why they cannot incorporate elements of football manager into the career mode. It seems like all the minor tweaking will make the mode still feel soulless.
I can't imagine any way to incorporated that much info into a GUI built for consoles. Football manager is a PC game. I think they tried to do an xbox version? Never heard anything from it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »