Home

NBA 2K11 Gameplay Video: Denver Nuggets vs. Orlando Magic

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Gameplay Video: Denver Nuggets vs. Orlando Magic within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #193
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K11 Video: Denver at Orlando (8-24-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth12349
only thing i didn't like was that 1:05 -1:08 was a foul
You have no calls like that in every game
Old 08-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #194
MVP

OVR: 18

Really hated that kmart dunk..looks like vince carter plays like he did in his toronto days just like in 2k10. Other than that the game look good. Liked the offball movement. Good to see the pick and roll being challenged. Still buying this, but my expectations are probably at a more normal level now.

EDIT- Hate that they didn't call that one foul..wasn't a foul in 2k10 either and its soooo obviously a foul.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 08-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #195
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

we need someone to tell us which video is more on par with what we are going to get in the final build in 2k11 this video is on sim/allstar and IMO the ai played better defense in the Heat vs Mavs which was on default/pro video I am sure that the fact that Ronnie was playing had something to do with that not much because he kinda sucked but at least he took jump shots, but that Billup post up is still bothering me and the fact that Howard did not assist Nelson and force Billups to pass out is troubling in the Heat video the AI swarmed in on the post player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #196
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Its time to just let some of the pettiness go

If you dont care for someone's opinion ignore list them

or just skip over it, but every thread cannot turn into a conversation about misunderstandings and why we're bumping heads.

Guys just talk about what you see and leave it at that, whether you agree or not. There is plenty to talk about other than that stuff.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #197
Supporter

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
While I agree that there was a larger wealth of game footage in the Gamescom videos that does not account for the fact that while, yes some of my concerns (overhead passing) were present in those videos. The frequency in which they occured was no where near the level that was displayed in this new footage. Overall the Gamescom videos had more varied pass animations executed in the correct situations as well as bad pass animations all of which are not present in this new video. In addition yes the player models looked more true to life in the Gamescom footage I am not the only person to point this out.

You have to use context in the situations where the overhead passes were attempted, and also factor in player proximity, and the user just making bad passes. An example is the first over head pass that was attempted at the 0:05 mark by the user. Now Chauncey could have attempted a chest pass from that distance, which could have possibly increased the likelihood of a completed pass (not likely), but a cross court pass like that with a defender fronting deserved to be picked off 10 out of 10 times no matter what type of pass is attempted. I'm not about to go through all of the scenarios in which an overhead pass was executed in this video because there were alot, my point was that the overhead passes DID exist in the build that you apparently have high praise for since the only that was wrong with those vids were the "high glass layups, and cosmetic things." As for the player models looking more true to life in the Gamescom build, I'll chalk that up, and put that in the subjectivity category because we are not only talking about different teams, but also quality that is virtually night and day in comparison to something recorded with a camera and capture hard/software.

Quote:
If I'm supposed to reel it in a bit then what is the point of posting on this open forum. I'm the first to applaud 2K when they do something positive, but I'm also as a dedicated fan quick to point out where they should improve.
Calm down because I've pointed out things that I didn't like about the video as well as my likes. I just thought that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
the only thing really wrong from the footage from Gamescom was the high off the glass lay ups and cosmetic innaccuracies with accessories
you were being a bit extreme to try and substantiate a claim that the gamescom build was "light years ahead of 2K10" while this video looked to be "slightly improved" (your words) when in fact they have way more in common than they do in differences.I really don't know what type of illusion the various short clips have created for some, but I'm virtually watching the same 2K11 from those gamescom clips (give and take some MINOR things) with different teams, a better user (which would explain lesser TO's), and with better quality. Sorry, those short clips from gamescom don't scream "light years ahead" for me.

Last edited by Epiffani; 08-24-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #198
Rookie

OVR: 2

[quote=Positive Chance;2041513590]This will be the last time I explain myself, and after that.. I will not retaliate to any other post like this .
I made a post and then I explained the post, then I thought about my post . I changed the way I viewed the game ( if we're still allowed to do that here ). I did not tell anyone that they were on crack or any substance if they did not view the video the same as I did .

Okay guy sorry I said you were on crack!! but I felt like you would have to be on some type of substance not to see the blarring improvements made in this years installment. But you are correct in that you should be allowed to have your opinion I for one just think that it was mis-stated as it relates to game improvements....looking at the video you can clearly see it is different than last years installment for the most part..I just wish some of you fellas would really look at the video's more closely...again I apologize for my remarks that may have seemed offensive sir.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #199
Banned

OVR: 7

The videos obviously look different because they are from 2 different sources. Those Gamescon video were captured looking at an HD tv from about 2 feet way. The new video is Raw footage recorded with some kind of capture device. This is the big visual difference between the videos. The Gamescon videos Images are so much bigger so there for you see more detail.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #200
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I'll say this

I really REALLY wish 2k would change the rim sounds and stuff..

Changing the sound of the rims, the menus when you scroll...

Believe it or not that stuff makes a difference too

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »