Home

NBA 2K11 Video: Phoenix Suns vs. Miami Heat (9 Minutes of Gameplay)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Video: Phoenix Suns vs. Miami Heat (9 Minutes of Gameplay) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #137
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K11 Video: Phoenix Suns vs. Miami Heat (9 Minutes of Gameplay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
I liked that Nash couldn't just drive by D-Wade. It makes sense that he'd need a pick/screen to get separation, unless the defense plays him tight. I also liked the Jason Richardson dunk and that Bosh was primarily scoring from mid-range. The skin textures and lighting look even better than last also. Can't wait until Oct. 5th, man.
The way Wade was keeping Nash from getting by him was what was so great to see. He was in a stance, moving his feet, angling back, beating Nash to the spot where he want get to, but not by warping or applying some force field to Nash. There didn't seem to be any instances of 2-man canimations sucking the players into pre-determined sequences.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #138
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Nice touch at 6:12 - after Bosh gets blocked he runs close to the camera and you can see the camera's angle shooting him from the bottom, then when he moves away - it looks so much like TV. Great job, 2k!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #139
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I am impressed with the Bulls vs Blazers "Shrug" game more than this video. I think the Bulls vs Blazers game was set at Hall of Fame difficulty. The AIs is what impressed me...they're almost human-like?? I analyze each play and I am just stunted. I never seen AI that can think like this or move like that....like Drexler faking one way and going another, then shoot a fade-away or Drexler defending MJ with 360 spin monitoring both the ball handler and MJ at the same time or AI throwing a long precision pass down the court for a dunk.

I like what i hear from the commentators so far. The crowd noise for the Chicago game....something i like and didn't like: When the game started out, the crowd sound pretty much Playoff-atmosphere. But during game, when your team is missing a shot, i expect the crowd to go "OhhhhhhHhhh" or when a steal happened, the crowd noise level should up another notch. I didn't hear any of that...instead it appears to maintain the same level. It was loud okay...but the noise changing level did not change enough to make me notice.........based on what is happening on the court.
No, it was not actually. Ron mentioned it was Default, Pro level.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Whoever is over doing the commentary in this game needs to be highly complimented. You can tell they are doing their homework.

Very impressive.
Co-sign! I've been one of those guys dogging Kellog and was honestly so disappointed finding out he was in 2K11. But it sounds great - leaps and bounds better than last year and not even comparable to the other game's last year.

I love how the announcers are actually talking about other teams in the league, matchups, etc. Very realistic when they were talking about the Celtics. In real life the announcers just don't talk about the two teams playing; they often go down rabbit holes and discuss other teams and what happened last year. So cool to see 2K incorporate this.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #141
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
Co-sign! I've been one of those guys dogging Kellog and was honestly so disappointed finding out he was in 2K11. But it sounds great - leaps and bounds better than last year and not even comparable to the other game's last year.

I love how the announcers are actually talking about other teams in the league, matchups, etc. Very realistic when they were talking about the Celtics. In real life the announcers just don't talk about the two teams playing; they often go down rabbit holes and discuss other teams and what happened last year. So cool to see 2K incorporate this.
Agreed.

Kellogg is starting to grow on me..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #142
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I hardly ever watched any games in real life where Kellogg was the commentator, so I'm not much familiar with him, but I don't think he's bad. I enjoy listening to his remarks and the commentary works great for me - be it 2K10 or 2K11 (from what I've seen). Every commentator ever hired for a video game brought some annoying phrases with him - Walton, Kerr...anyone. I don't think Kellogg is bad. There might be better than him in the business, but 2K's doing such a great job with the commentary that it doesn't really matter who the commentators are.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #143
MVP

OVR: 14

I do agree that the commentary sounds quite a bit better.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I hardly ever watched any games in real life where Kellogg was the commentator, so I'm not much familiar with him, but I don't think he's bad.
You must not watch a whole lot of college ball. Harlan and Kellogg do atleast one major CBS game on every single Saturday and a hefty majority of the tournament games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »