Home

Dump N' Cheese: The Loop Glitch and Why the Silence EA?

This is a discussion on Dump N' Cheese: The Loop Glitch and Why the Silence EA? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Dump N' Cheese: The Loop Glitch and Why the Silence EA?

Last night I played a little OTP because none of my clubmates were online for EASHL. (For the record, while the NHL 11 demo is awesome, there are only so many third periods one can play in a row.)

I play left defense so finding games is not a problem since most OTP players just jump at a chance to play forward and rake in those awesome points. Of course, they usually do this by holding on to the puck and making sure that they never pass it around, thus making playing D easy if not a little boring at times.

Read More - Dump N' Cheese: The Loop Glitch and Why the Silence EA?
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16
It is a problem, but you of course attack the team that has been the most responsive to the community over the past 3-4 years. I'm sure they know about it and it should be fixed for 11. Gamers can be such nit pickers....
Old 08-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
This is what gives me little hope that they are actually going to fix the pump fake glitch in NCAA.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
It is a problem, but you of course attack the team that has been the most responsive to the community over the past 3-4 years. I'm sure they know about it and it should be fixed for 11. Gamers can be such nit pickers....
He's pointing out that it's a major problem and it hasn't been fixed. I don't think he's attacking them in any way. And to say it's nit picking, there is nothing more frustrating than playing a game that doesn't count.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9
I love this game and the team behind it is excellent in how they improve the game every year.
I still think that us EASHL players deserve some info on the glitch that is causing us grief almost every night we play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
This issue is far from "nit picking" Nit picking is complaining that the goalie doesn't have the correct brand of laces on his skates. Like the article says it could happen multiple times in one session and late in the game. It's downright frustrating. Then again a whole lot about EASHL/OTP or online gaming as whole is frustrating. It starts in the lobby where you always come across one fool who switches sides, back and forth then settles in after the lobby is full and refuses to push the ready button so you can advance to the pick position screen. Once there you run into the diehards who refuse to play out of position because it might affect their precious game grades and slow their journey to their pro card. If they don't get their position again they sit and let the clock run down so they can punish everyone for not letting them get their way. Finally you get into the game only to find out the guy that didn't get his way has taken his ball and gone home while the game was loading so already one team is down a player, The puck drops and oh my heavens someone scored 2 minutes into the game. Here comes the rush of mice jumping off the sinking ship. Go down 2-0 and you suddenly have 1 or 2 guys left out of the 6 you started with....if you're lucky. Bottom line is the percentage might be lower but it seems as though 85-90% of online gamers are complete jerks and take things WAY too seriously. If you want to argue this point then tell me the last time you played an OTP game where it started and ENDED with 6 on 6. It doesn't happen.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
This is a huge problem and it needs to be addressed in NHL 11.

You say 1 in 10 are looped in EASHL? Maybe it's because my team is pretty good, but we get looped 3-4 times per 10. I've found never hitting the button MIGHT work, but who knows? It's probably just speculation.

Either way, whenever we're beating a top 50 ranked team in the 3rd period, we start getting pauses. It seems like all top teams do this to protect their rank.

Just as worse is being able to quit out of a game before the clock hits 18:00. Our team has scored maybe 20 times in the first 2 minutes of the game only to get a pause and a quit. For whatever reason, EA Sports has enacted a rule where EVEN IF THE TEAM QUITS THE GAME, it still doesn't count.

I'm cautiously hopeful for these changes to make their way into NHL 11.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
Wow, this really is a travesty. I myself don't play NHL 10 nor have played a sports game online (this year probably will be my first playing any sports game online) so before I read this article, I had no clue about "looping". It's amazing that so many people are willing to cheat just to protect their stats. It really shows how much integrity people have. I really hope that they fix this and that I will never have to see this in sports games online.

Last edited by TheRisingSan; 08-30-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »