Home

Dump N' Cheese: The Loop Glitch and Why the Silence EA?

This is a discussion on Dump N' Cheese: The Loop Glitch and Why the Silence EA? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
You can go to youtube and watch one of the "top teams", deke and destroy, loop several teams. The rankings have always been a joke. People are either glitching or boosting to get where they are.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #10
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Dump N' Cheese: The Loop Glitch and Why the Silence EA?

Know what would be cool? If EA made like an Operation Sports division for the EASHL. And in order to play in it you would have to be an OS member. And we can have some trusted people from the OS community moderate the division and kick out anyone who wants to cheat/glitch/cheese.

I know something like this wouldnt happen. But I just wish people would have a little more integrity. I know there is thousands of people out there who dont want to cheat, and want to play a fair sim game. But playing with randoms you always run the risk of cheaters.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
I was playing OTP the other day and when the other team paused the game one of my teammates said something about going to the Instant Replay screen to avoid getting looped. I can't confirm if this method works or not because it's a little late now.. but thought I'd share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #12
Rookie

russwg1970's Arena

OVR: 5
This is why I don't play games online anymore. Why do games have leader boards, I mean really!?! The only people at the top are boosters cheating their way there. The only game that I know of that has a legit leader board is Forza 3, because you can watch their race.

What's crazy is who are the a-holes that spend the time to figure this crap out? Does't EA have a way to track the percentage of games "dropped" to an individual account and displayed on their profile to help identify potential cheesers?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 PM   #13
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Thank god nhl '11 comes out soon because it seems like the problem is just about as bad as at the end of last year when in the last 2 months teams would try to pause glitch probably 75% of the games.

What's sad is when teams are caught doing this, they admit it and absolutely nothing is done.
A team over on eashlforum said in the chat after the game against a good team that yes they looped but ea wouldn't do anything so they don't care what anyone says.
This was in July, playoffs were over so nothing to win.

Until ea does something the online bap and eashl are just like the steroid era in baseball, none of the records or accomplishments of these teams means anything.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:39 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 33
Loops, glitches, lost connections! When playing online I found I was more preoccupied with these issues than ever really enjoying the game. This is why I remain an offline gamer.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:23 AM   #15
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Loops, glitches, lost connections! When playing online I found I was more preoccupied with these issues than ever really enjoying the game. This is why I remain an offline gamer.
Agree...
I love online gaming (in general) when it is working and when you're playing fair teams/players that, just like me, love to play the game the way it was supposed to, and just enjoy it.
But those games are hard to find.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 06:21 AM   #16
jb1
Rookie

OVR: 7

I rarely played online during NHL10 but even I experienced the loop glitch with about 5 seconds left in a game. It's obviously frustrating that there are people out there who are happy to do this on a regular basis just to protect their stats, it's just a shame that they can do this without any fear of reprisals from EA.

I would hope and expect EA to have been treating this as a priority and either fixed the isssue or found a way to punish those who do this.

Personally I mainly play versus and I have had some great games when I run into players looking to play Hockey but I would say out of my 30+ games over half of them have just been frustrating experiences. Just a couple of days ago I ran into a player who just continuously spun and deked his way down the wing looking to pass it cross crease at every opportunity and after he scored just tried to hold onto the puck in his own end. Now when I play I want to win like anyone else but I honestly don't care if I lose as long as the game has been enjoyable, infact some of my most enjoyable moments online were games that I ended up losing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »