Home

Dump N' Cheese: The Loop Glitch and Why the Silence EA?

This is a discussion on Dump N' Cheese: The Loop Glitch and Why the Silence EA? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #17
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Dump N' Cheese: The Loop Glitch and Why the Silence EA?

I can never really be bothered with online hockey because of the constant cheesing.

But...

what is looping?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:16 AM   #18
Banned

bill2451's Arena

for the record, I believe Redshirt did address this issue in these very forums

he said that they have fixed all the most common ways games are looped, but that it is an ongoing battle and they probably haven't fixed them all... but they are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it, but it is apparently easier said than done
Old 08-31-2010, 09:41 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5

Historically if EA is being "quiet" on something, it's because

-They haven't updated/improved whatever 'it' is
-They haven't fixed whatever the problem is
-etc

Not to say they haven't attempted to or not, really we can only take their word as to how much they've tried to do something.....but with all EA sports games, their PR policy seems to be to not talk about something if they haven't managed to resolve it.

The fact that they are silent pretty much guarentees we'll be looped at some % of the time, how often remains to be seen, but I'm 100% sure we'll still be looped.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:46 AM   #20
Banned

bill2451's Arena

and so are they... as I said 1 post above yours, Redshirt did talk about this issue in this very forum

they know they haven't fixed all the issues, but they said they fixed the most common ways of looping games
Old 08-31-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
and so are they... as I said 1 post above yours, Redshirt did talk about this issue in this very forum

they know they haven't fixed all the issues, but they said they fixed the most common ways of looping games
I find that to be a bit too generic for my liking.

What exactly does "fixing the common ways" even mean? Are the common ways the "majority" of the ways to do it? I mean, how "complex" can this really be?

Whatever ways are left to do it, will spread and become the common ways this year. Wouldn't you think so?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 10:04 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 9
I know Redshirt has mentioned this on this forum and EAīs as well last spring, but one developer saying that the issue is being looked at might not be enough.

What about all those players who donīt spend all their time on the forums?

I just think that the PR work by EA does not match the level of outcry looping has caused among EASHL/OTP players.

And hats off to Redshirt, it is amazing that an overworked developer donates his time for us
Old 08-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesizdead
I know Redshirt has mentioned this on this forum and EAīs as well last spring, but one developer saying that the issue is being looked at might not be enough.

What about all those players who donīt spend all their time on the forums?

I just think that the PR work by EA does not match the level of outcry looping has caused among EASHL/OTP players.

And hats off to Redshirt, it is amazing that an overworked developer donates his time for us
Agreed. I can understand not addressing specific causes because this can do as much harm as good in spreading how to do a loop glitch. However, the overall lack of any sort of consistent communication is troublesome. Like it was stated in the blog, it's a glitch that renders fair gamers totally powerless for the most part. My EASHL team has had at least 25 games stolen this year because of this loop glitch, and that's an astounding number in my opinion without any form of overt action by the game developer. I realize that this isn't the only responsibility that they have, I truly do. I just feel this particular cheat is unique like I mentioned above. So overall, I totally agree with the OP and I hope EA makes a more "transparent" effort to 1) combat the technical issues causing the loop, 2) perhaps develop a more concise method for reporting cheaters, and 3) no disrespect intended as I say this, but actually punish the cheaters that choose to ruin fair players' fun. They have no business in the same community, period.
4:06
One Goal
Old 09-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1
I would have to say that 25 games this season is a REALLY low number for our club. I'd say more in line with 100+. Around December to February we received 2 Bronzes and 1 Gold medal. Then the looping really took off. Suddenly the entire league is skewed and glitchers rocket to the top. We start playing complete bastards, who score glitch goals constantly and dance around the ice holding the puck for a minute at a time. We never placed again, even though we have mostly point+-per-game players and solid D. This isn't a laundry list about our club, it's to show the impact on the leaderboards and team points. If some teams NEVER lose it's easier to get to the top. And, in turn, makes it very frustrating. We absolutely love the sport and playing this game really plays into us not being able to actually play the game ourselves. That experience is sullied by cheaters. I have played 1000+ games....as far as I know...how many were glitched out combined with OTP?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »