Home

F1 2010 Impressions (PS3, 360, PC)

This is a discussion on F1 2010 Impressions (PS3, 360, PC) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #73
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: F1 2010 Impressions (PS3, 360, PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
When it says dynamic weather, does that mean it'll rain then stop during the race or vice versa?

Great impressions, pretty much sold me on this one. Thanks!

yes , just like gp3 and 4 if your familiar with that, with a dry line forming it seems really well done.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #74
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
When it says dynamic weather, does that mean it'll rain then stop during the race or vice versa?

Great impressions, pretty much sold me on this one. Thanks!
I just had my first single grand prix. It was in Montreal and being an Aussie I drove for Red Bull with Mark Webber. I had it set to dynamic weather and medium length (which was 7 laps, keeping in mind that it gives numerous lap options to choose from).

It was overcast the entire 7 laps which I was really happy with. In the past it has annoyed me that dynamic weather has meant it will always rain at some point and always be dry at other points in the one race. I liked that this system doesn't seem to copy that old patern.

The race ended with a one -two for Red Bull. I won starting from fifth and Vettel came second. I should point out that I am playing on the easiest difficulty lest anyone think you can walk in and smash this game on the first pick up and play. From what I can tell on the easiest setting car damage has negligible effect on the performance of your car. In my second race I was jousting with Hamilton for 1st and stuck my nose into the wall. I fell back to 4th behind Schumacher and was radioed to come into the pits but I stayed out and the car handled well enough to be highly competitive. I came third.

I only had one assist turned off, so that makes it much easier to control the car too.

One beautiful little thing worth mentioning about the weather (again in the second race, can't remember which circuit) it was bright and sunny and at certain spots on the track when I checked my rear view the rear wing would have a reddish glow coming off the sponsorship decal on the wing. At other places when the cars position to the sun had changed, so too did the effect on the rear wing. It was not always glowing no matter what, it would be in shade under bridges, dull when not in direct sunlight and glowing when in the sun. Awesome touch.

Also, the cars are beautiful to control. Codemasters have nailed the driving side of this video game. They make outstanding driving games and this one is right up there. It just feels so right.

The driver assists will make this game highly accessible to a wide audience from casual fans looking for a more arcade experience to more hardcore fans looking for total unassisted control over their driving.

Last edited by 18 eighty 5; 09-22-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #75
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Thanks guys!!

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #76
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

Hi guys, thanks for all the impressions and photos!

Just one question:

There seems to be a major problem in 20% length races (and ironically enough I was planning in doing 20% length races) where when you pit stop your team will not let you go untill everyone have passed.

People are complaining like mad on Codemasters's official forums and some say they would work themselves up to 16th place or whatever and when they pit, their team hold them back untill everyone else has passed and then they are 24th again. It seems they hold you back to avoid a possible collision with a rival car in the pit stops.

Can someone please try this and let me know? How bad is this?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #77
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
DO NOT buy this game for the pc unless you have a supercomputer. I have a very good system, and I average 27fps, which is unacceptable to me. Thanks Codemasters, for optimizing this game so well.
LOL...well I would not go so far as to say supercomputer( I lol'ed on this ) I did have to run down to Best Buy and pick up a Geforce 9800gt 1 gb ddr3 card. I am now getting fps between 40 and 60( track dependant ) with everything maxed out, except MSA, and running it at 1680 by 1050(native screen rez).

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 09-22-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 5

Am I the only person that thinks 100% length races are the only way to go? It's a big commitment, but very realistic.

On another note, I played for about an hour tonight. I haven't played a driving game in a long time and since I wanted a challenge throughout the course of career mode, I'm playing with pretty hard (custom) settings.

I'm involved in first race weekend and throughout 30-40 minutes of practice, I couldn't keep the damn car on the track for a whole entire lap (the second sector of that track is a mother, by the way). I tinkered with a few different car setups but wow... very responsive & temperamental beasts.

Later I played a TT on my home track of Melbourne and wow!!!! They've nailed this circuit. You really get a great essence for speed.

Anyway - early impressions are brilliant, but it's going to take me a long time to be competitive.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 15

Are there in-game saves for 100% length races?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #80
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair
Am I the only person that thinks 100% length races are the only way to go? It's a big commitment, but very realistic.

On another note, I played for about an hour tonight. I haven't played a driving game in a long time and since I wanted a challenge throughout the course of career mode, I'm playing with pretty hard (custom) settings.

I'm involved in first race weekend and throughout 30-40 minutes of practice, I couldn't keep the damn car on the track for a whole entire lap (the second sector of that track is a mother, by the way). I tinkered with a few different car setups but wow... very responsive & temperamental beasts.

Later I played a TT on my home track of Melbourne and wow!!!! They've nailed this circuit. You really get a great essence for speed.

Anyway - early impressions are brilliant, but it's going to take me a long time to be competitive.
one day when you are married you'll understand how difficult it is to do 100% races etc.

My wife gives me plenty of time to play games, and in essence I will have opportunities to do 100% races...but considering that I want to progress pretty far into my career it will be better to do shorter races.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »