Home

NBA 2K11 Isomotion/Shot Stick Help (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Isomotion/Shot Stick Help (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K11 Isomotion/Shot Stick Help (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4Stars
can somebody explain to me what they mean by "FLICK FLICK" moves. i'm new to 2k, and i'm giving it all i got to learn as much as i can b4 the game drops.
Take a look at this post up moves video. The video term "tap" is the same as "Flick" it's just gamer slang that many have grown to use. Basically a "Flick" is a stick input movement used to initiate a series of other stick movements. I guess a more technical definition would be moving the stick then allowing the stick to go back to a neutral position.

Correct me if I'm wrong OS'ers
Old 09-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #154
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
anyone able to alley-oop dunk? I can pull of alley-lay ups, but no dunks. Probably done 10-12 alley oops...all I'm doing is left trigger and 'b' during appropriate moments.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
anyone able to alley-oop dunk? I can pull of alley-lay ups, but no dunks. Probably done 10-12 alley oops...all I'm doing is left trigger and 'b' during appropriate moments.
yep, i've been dunkin with my oops... i call for a screen(LB) and once Gasol or Bynum roll to the basket i lob it to them and they dunk it. i just still havent been able to control the player without the ball and be able to cut to the basket myself and call for the lob...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 01:58 AM   #156
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone know how to do the between the legs half spin with kobe?

Never mind to do this you have to press Y while doing a step back

Last edited by jacksonvillenc; 09-29-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 2

how do you do that thing when kobe walks backwards dribbling it through the legs
Old 09-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #158
Banned

OVR: 11

Iso motion dribbles are easy to do, very easy, they are within the flow of the game, considering you know what you are doing, alot of gamers don't know when to apply a certain move, alot of guys dont know offense, alot of guys don't know concepts of basketball, everyone doesn't see the same game on the court, some people only see threes and dunks, while others see players coming off screens and backdoor movement, two man game. On the Lakers the only ball handler in the demo you get to use is Kobe, Fisher doesn't have a high dribble rating, so you can't practice these moves with the demo, wait until you get the game, and take a pg into the practice gym.
Iso motion moves should be planned while you are on the attack, you gotta see the space on the court, and initiate your move based on the space. crossover, spin move, step back jumper...EASY TO DO.
Hesitation, Hesitation cross, layup...Easy to do.
Call for a pick, when it comes, crossover between the pick and the defender, step back and then pass to the pick roller...Easy to do.

Ive been playing 2K since dreamcast, and I have always been comfortable with Iso Motion, nothing hard or complicated here. Iso Motion been around since 2k basketball (2k4). Its been on the LS since 2k6.

Not hard at all, gotta just know what you doing, watch the ball and what hand its in, which is what you should be doing anyway. And Camera relative is a better way to Iso and Shot stick.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #159
Banned

where is it?
i cant preform crossover between the legs by moving thowred the basket
only from one hand to another hand (without between leg animation)
there it is on the heasitation moves but i cant go fowered with it as the last years
there is any way to do it this year or they took it out???

thanks in advance
Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #160
Rookie

Hey all,

This is my first year playing 2k, and I'm having some trouble pulling off any moves in the post during the demo. I can back down a defender with LT & RT, but can anyone explain how to drop step, spin out of the post up position, or fake one direction and perform a turn around jumper?

Much obliged

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »