Home

NHL 11 Patch Coming November 9th (for PS3, 360 Delayed by MS)

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Patch Coming November 9th (for PS3, 360 Delayed by MS) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #49
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 11 Patch Coming November 9th

Sounds like it could end up being different days for PS3 and 360, with PS3 being on schedule and 360 delayed a bit.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #50
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
Sounds like it could end up being different days for PS3 and 360, with PS3 being on schedule and 360 delayed a bit.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, even if it is bad news for some of us.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #51
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Sweeeeet. Very excited to get crackin' on my Flyers BaGM. I love the game, but I can only play exhibitions and with other teams for so long before I start yearning for the Orange & Black.

Good thing I'm on PS3. Typically, PS3 is the one left in the cold when dealing with stuff like this, so I can't help but chuckle a bit to myself that the 360 version may be delayed a bit while PS3 is on schedule. Seriously though, thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #52
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm just curious to know when we'll get the list of patch fixes and if anything can be done regarding BaGM and superstars in the AHL.

Even if things could be tuned so that when you start a BaGM it automatically adjusts the salary cap to a ceiling that accomodates the team that is the highest dollar value over. I would much rather play my BaGM with a non-authentic salary cap figure than have the mess that the rosters become because of it.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 4

Uhm, they released another roster update the other day that cures the superstars in the AHL thing.......

I just started a new GM mode last night and it is cured.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #54
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

BP, I think the re-issued roster update corrects the AHL demotion problem. Not sure on how it works, but it was an issue at release and was corrected with a roster update. For some reason -- again don't know the details -- the problem was re-introduced with the 11/2 update. However, EA released another update on 11/4 solely to fix the problem:

Quote:
"Hey guys,

As you guys know there are some issues within the current roster update. We are planning on releasing a new one tonight. The New update will correct some of the issues such as the Be A Gm Star player issue, and a few roster bugs. However no player movements have been done since we last released a update, this is strictly a update to fix issues. We will be fixing the goalie equipment issue as soon as possible with another interim update. Sorry for any inconvenience guys.

Thanks,
Gurn "
One important thing to note is that teams will send high-end NHL players to the AHL during the preseason to get around the 23-man roster restriction. However, the CPU teams should now be recalling their best players for the regular season. At least that's how I understand it; haven't had the time to play around with it this week.

Last edited by Qb; 11-05-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #55
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddyOh
This is how I feel as well...the conspiracy theorist wonders if they break the offline modes on purpose, trying to lure us online. Surely not, but since they don't make any extra money from offline players like they do online, hard to see why they wouldn't. I respect the hard work of the devs, but the higher ups at EA, not so much.

I'll be hanging on to my NHL 10 until this patch comes out, we'll know quickly if NHL11 is playable this year or not. Next year, I'll wait for the first roster and patch before I buy...not worth the drama this year.
well the theories that EA is focusing on online gamers because they could "milk more money" from their consumers might be TRUE. Tuners, roster updates (doing what they are doing with roster updates somehow silver members of LIVE cant access them) are good examples to solify the theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchizz
Frankly, I would advise doing that for all subsequent releases, if for no other reasons than to pick up a used copy for half the price a few months down the road. If everyone began to start doing that, it might well motivate EA to bother fixing their game before it is released.
I am really leaning towards this next year. I purchased my NHL 2011 last week of September, thinking that its just a week away from roster update. I was wrong and most of the bugs in the previous year (XP, unrealistic trades by CPU etc) are still in 2011. Since EA dont address this issue PRIOR to releasing their product, I will hold to my hard earned $$$ before purchasing.

Good thing is that 2K will release their product next year, hopefully this will compete with EA and I will buy the best product according to my likings.

Quote:
sorry, but could you give us at least a specific date when this is released? i mean after broadcasting it that the update will take place on Nov 9, now the delayed for 360 users. I think 360 users deserve to hear when it will take place in 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
PS3 owner here, so I'm OK with that. :-)

But seriously, is it definitely "official" that the patch will come out on November 9? Looking forward to getting my season officially underway.

Appreciate all your hard work, Redshirt!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »