Home

Gran Turismo 5 First Leaked Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 First Leaked Gameplay Video within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
hands down greatest racing franchise ever im sure the graphics will hold up when we see on our hd sets
Old 11-09-2010, 03:04 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 33
Too hard to judge from the video. It certainly looks pretty average but I'm sure that as with most games these days they it look alot better when actually on your own TV. What we need to know is what game modes included & what cars/tracks will be available out of the box.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:59 AM   #11
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
LMAO....I can't even begin to judge the graphics based on that video. At least wait for the HD feeds, guys.
This.

Definitely can't judge from that video. Also, keep in mind that the driver is just starting off, so he IS driving a lower end vehicle. From what I've played in-person of the kiosk demo, it IS the best looking racer you will see.

http://www.twitvid.com/8TG1J
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #12
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Gran Turismo 5 First Leaked Gameplay Video

Come on Slab your doing the same stuff Sony does, showing those enhanced replays. Trying shooting the gameplay footage and it's not even half as detailed as the replays.

I think this gameplay footage from the original video, shows just how simple the graphics are when they aren't in replay mode.

People will definitely see the truth soon enough, when the game comes out.

I'm getting it regardless because I'm a race game hog, but so far it's far from impressive or worth the wait, they've delayed the game too death.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I will be using the cockpit cam for the cars that have it. I remember reading something a few years ago about not all of the cars having this view. Not sure if that has changed but I will need the cockpit view for one reason and one reason only..................to keep from falling asleep.
I think all cars have the view, but not all of them have a specialized cockpit. What I mean is some of them just have some "generic" one or something. I don't think they'll take away the view for some cars, that would just be messed up.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think all cars have the view, but not all of them have a specialized cockpit. What I mean is some of them just have some "generic" one or something. I don't think they'll take away the view for some cars, that would just be messed up.
Well, it IS messed up. According GT Planet, Kaz has already confirmed that only the premium cars will have cockpits. The non-premium cars will NOT have cockpits--zilch, zero, nada, not even generic. Since they won't have cockpits at all, you'll presumably have the same views for those cars that you did in the previous GT installments.

I've always been a GT fan, but I'm thinking about passing on this one. No cockpit for many (most?) of the cars, along with a review by the latest Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine that referenced the physics being "stiff" and similar to previous generations (compared to Forza where the reviewer said you could feel the weight shift across the wheels during turns) has me doubting a purchase.

It'll be a great game for what it is, no doubt, but the cockpit thing is a deal-breaker for me in this day and age.

Last edited by Flamehead; 11-09-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #15
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELL86
hands down greatest racing franchise ever im sure the graphics will hold up when we see on our hd sets
For its longevity maybe, but Forza has passed it up as far as simulations go.

I don't know, I might cancel my pre-order, that just looks, I don't know, generic? I put probably 100 hours into GT4, I just don't see myself doing that with this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #16
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Come on Slab your doing the same stuff Sony does, showing those enhanced replays. Trying shooting the gameplay footage and it's not even half as detailed as the replays.

I think this gameplay footage from the original video, shows just how simple the graphics are when they aren't in replay mode.

People will definitely see the truth soon enough, when the game comes out.

I'm getting it regardless because I'm a race game hog, but so far it's far from impressive or worth the wait, they've delayed the game too death.
Well it was kind of hard to drive and record at the same time, thats why I was flying around the track at the beginning. Anyway, I think I still have the footage from the actual gameplay. The video was actually to prove that I actually played it in person tho. There is a lot of misinformation about the game too, but I can only say let's revisit this thread once the game is out. Whenever that is, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »