Home

NBA 2K11 Patch Details Released (Updated With Release Dates)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Patch Details Released (Updated With Release Dates) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K11 Patch Details Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
This should be their guide:

http://hoopsapedia.webs.com/nbahandchecking.htm

First the rules, then notice the pictures that give a perfect illustration of normal contact on the perimeter (i.e. technically illegal but allowed).

If not for this patch, then possible the next. Worst case 2k12.
I agree but it would be difficult to implement. Perhaps they may need a new engine to do this. Or they may wait until next-gen consoles comes out.

Well just to add:

8. CPU doesn't take enough charges.

9. Post-up shots made outside the paint almost always is a bank shot. I don't know if this was done on purpose. In real life NBA players most of the time don't try to bank the shot. Unless they are very skilled at it like Tim Duncan.

10. Sometimes when you contest too closely the offensive player falls down. Problem is a foul is never called when sometimes it should.

11. The CPU shows no sense of urgency trying to inbound the ball (excluding after a made basket). They take too long and often force a terrible long distance pass that results in a turnover.

12. Defenders can stand next to the inbounder & spam the steal button to deflect the pass & hit the inbounder for a turnover. In the NBA you must give the inbounder space, not enforced in 2K11.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #74
All Star

OVR: 49
Re: NBA 2K11 Patch Details Released (Updated With Release Dates)

i see that they well have the correct cavs court, but still not the new amway center "building" for the magic? Oh well at least its something.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 14

Sounds great. I love the detail!

PC patch please release within a decent time frame! I don't mind waiting a week or two but if I have to wait until January.....I might get a little upset.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 08:57 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Ah, didn't see that they addressed the repetition of the same play calls being made by the opposing CPU team and lack of randomization on offense.

A positive is that it seems that they've addressed the high amount of dunks performed by installing more contact animations.
I think they addressed this issue:

Quote:
- Addressed a playcalling issue where non-stars are getting a bulk of the plays run for them during specific situations.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkiwinki
arghh disappointed they didn't mention the PS3's high bank layups.
I know right... I thought Mike said they fixed this pre release but I notice it quite frequently on the PS3. Was it mentioned that this didn't make it in when the game shipped?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
I agree but it would be difficult to implement. Perhaps they may need a new engine to do this. Or they may wait until next-gen consoles comes out.
That's probably true.

The hand check rules have completely eliminated bumping on the perimeter (in the backcourt) in the NBA. All you really have to do is watch 2:00 of an NBA game to see this. You basically have to let the guy go right by you. I hope 2k12 can at least fake this. Otherwise guys like Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, etc. are useless.

Or maybe with the patch and sliders, it can happen.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #79
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

great stuff.....lets pray this isnt "2k8 missed layups" part 2.....I swear every person who complains the game is "too easy" post patch after whining it was too hard pre patch should be insta banned.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #80
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
Lol @ PC patch TBD, I'm assuming that means 8 months or so after consoles..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »