Home

NBA 2K11 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #25
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: NBA 2K Patch Impressions Thread

how is the offensive rebounding now? more balanced and realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #26
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Anyone notice any jersey corrections ????
I forgot to check that.. I know the Dallas road secoundary had a problem with the numbers being too high.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Is this the patch that was talked about yesterday at 4 pm?
Old 11-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6

Looks like the high bank lay ups are gone.

Pray 24 times each day.

George bless everyone.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just simmed through 2015 in Association. The coach firings have indeed been fixed, but I noticed in the second season there were still only four trades the entire year, plus none in the following draft. It did go back to normal afterwards, so it seems like an isolated incident. I actually forgot to check for the home/away record splits, whoops. Drafted players overall ratings as a whole have been reduced too, but there's still some absolute studs in there. The first overall pick in 2011 was an 87 overall point guard. He didn't ever really improve from there though.

The one thing that's still in Association that bothers me is free agency gets broken after a couple of years. Through the first four years everything looked okay, with the only player I'd really call a star hitting free agency being Monta Ellis. The year after that was a little too much though. There were five players rated 90 or above and another fifteen players rated 89-80. Beneath that is the usual smattering of players rated in the mid-70s wanting eight million per year. This leads to a lot of these players remaining in free agency at the start of the season, including two generated players rated at 91 overall who average 20/10.

It's certainly irritating, but it's not really a dealbreaker. I figure that if I play every single game plus playoffs I'll MAYBE get through one season by the time The Show 11 starts stealing away playing time. Onto gameplay!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #30
Defensive POTY

TheRealTodd's Arena

OVR: 2

What I've noticed so far:

The paint is a painful place to be! I usually play with the Rockets, and with Yao and Scola I usually dominate in the paint... Not so much, I gotta re-learn some stuff... I can normally get uncontested hook shots with Yao... Not anymore, he drew the triple team as he started to shoot, and Gasol blocked it OVER the backboard... twice, I think awareness has been improved too.

Having said that, big men aren't having as much trouble with the little guys. About 2 minutes ago, I had Yao with a mismatch on Matt Barnes, he went over the top of him like Blake Griffin a couple of nights ago, I've never seen that before in this years game.

Way more contact on layups. I'm finally seeing the big dunks getting turned into tough layups/fouls with even tougher layups with them.

Rebounding looks real now! Balls are sailing over heads, because the guys don't jump so high, which are causing long rebounds, something I NEVER saw before the patch.

Custom arena music is all working perfect for PS3.

Turnovers look realistic... I didn't know if they would be able to pull off players who weren't looking at the ball being oblivious to the pass, but they are, it makes things a little easier to move the ball around, but the passing is still a lot harder than 2k10.

I think that's it... My favourite sports game ever just got better! Better go play some more
Old 11-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #31
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Yea man I'm loving big man advantage over the smaller guys. I was on a fast break and Nash was in front of Richard Jefferson and he went had a contact animation that went in. It was great to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #32
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I forgot to check that.. I know the Dallas road secoundary had a problem with the numbers being too high.
Also the Raptors jersey had the wrong logo above the name on the back of the home and away (red) jerseys. It should be a maple leaf, not a claw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »