Home

NBA 2K11 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #41
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K Patch Impressions Thread

Questions:

Does anyone notice that the CPU use a variety of plays in their playbook when playing against them instead of using the same 1-2 playbook plays?

How is shot selection by the cpu on offense? Do they still jack up random outside/mid-range shots on a fastbreak resulting in a high FGA by the team overall when playing 12min/quarter?

Is there more randomization in the offense for the opposing cpu team and are role players getting more shots up instead of star players jacking up 25-30 FGA?

When starting a new Association, do teams still reset their rotations or do they use the same rotations (minutes) before you enter a new association?

Is cpu substitution more logical? Does the CPU effectively utilize players with their 2ndary positions?

I know it's alot of questions but if someone would kindly answer them that would be great . Still waiting here for the PC patch :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLg00
hey. i was wondering whether it is necessary to restart an Association for the fixes to apply? Has anyone tested this?

Thanks!
I really wanna know this too! Do we have to restart our association?
Old 11-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #43
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nry20
My initial impression is that I've wasted a lot of time on myplayer;

My experience with my pointguard (72 overall);
Last night I was in the rookie game, followed by the all star game, avged 38 points, 9 assists, 3 steals through those games. Log on to xbox live this morning, patch and.. Through 2 games against teams my team was 2-0 against I avged 16 pts, 4 assists, 1 steal. That's a huge down, the automatic play calling is brutal, when I get 10 pts in the first quarter (trying to draw a dbl team for easier assists) they automatically move me to SG. In order to receive the ball as SG I must do the play that is being called, which means 60% of the time I don't get the ball, even with the highest PPG and FG% in the nba on his myplayer.
As my guy is 5'7" with capped quickness and speed, a long with capped hands, most of his points rely on the fast break. Taking ~5 seconds to go from rack to rack it used to be basically only mildly contested dunk. Now they don't even try to pass it to me; absolutely horrible. I can't imagine a situation where someone who can beat everyone upcourt wouldn't get the ball on 90% of fast breaks. I got 2 fastbreak buckets between the 2 games, compared to averaging 13 per game prior.

My experience with my SF (92 overall);
Absolutely horrible. Went from about 50 points per game (45-60ish, depending on who playing) to about 28-32. The shots that the play calling was giving me were reading as "Bad Shot Selection" from mid range, even with capped mid ranged shooting skills. I was shooting 74% with ~50 pts a game with mostly jumpers, after this patch it looks like I'll be shooting 45% with 30 pts a game.

In general I'd love to see the automatic play calling go, it's just aweful. Beyond that the contested dunks are awesome. My 7' SF with 99 vertical (and capped off/def rebounding) is actually grabbing more rebounds than millsap (my sf is on the jazz) which makes a lot more sense to me. The rest of the changes seemed great.

So in short, if you don't want to read all of that, the major issues I have with this that are going to make me not play this game very seriously until fixed are;
Fast Break AI (If my guy is the only person down there why wouldn't he get a pass with 99 hands? This makes no sense to me. I can't call for the ball everytime (even though I catch it when I do) because once in awhile they actually do throw it down and for some dumb reason my guy quick-passes when they do if I'm trying to call for the pass)
Automatic play call; speaks for itself in how silly and pointless it is in myplayer. What's the point of telling people their basketball IQ if they don't need to have any basketball IQ to play the game anymore? Icing out key-players and key-playmakers because of their rating is terrible. If one player is shooting 70+% for the season there's no reason to throw the ball to someone who is shooting 20% and only making shots off of offensive rebonds.
you should try nba jam. that game may be more suited to your tastes.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #44
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Before I left home I tried the spin dunk with Manu and Richard Jefferson severally times. And it only worked once with Jefferson.

I wonder if the hop-step has gone through any changes. I can't wait to see some of my online opponents faces!! lol
Old 11-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #45
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Before I left home I tried the spin dunk with Manu and Richard Jefferson severally times. And it only worked once with Jefferson.

I wonder if the hop-step has gone through any changes. I can't wait to see some of my online opponents faces!! lol
it has offline at least. jameer nelson did a hop step right above the circle and big baby went to take the charge. it branched into non-call contact animation and then nelson went for a hook shot instead and KG came over for help D and fouled nelson. pretty nice.

and no, you usually don't have to re-start. changes should pick up where things are left off like draft class potential.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #46
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nry20
My initial impression is that I've wasted a lot of time on myplayer;

My experience with my pointguard (72 overall);
Last night I was in the rookie game, followed by the all star game, avged 38 points, 9 assists, 3 steals through those games. Log on to xbox live this morning, patch and.. Through 2 games against teams my team was 2-0 against I avged 16 pts, 4 assists, 1 steal. That's a huge down, the automatic play calling is brutal, when I get 10 pts in the first quarter (trying to draw a dbl team for easier assists) they automatically move me to SG. In order to receive the ball as SG I must do the play that is being called, which means 60% of the time I don't get the ball, even with the highest PPG and FG% in the nba on his myplayer.
As my guy is 5'7" with capped quickness and speed, a long with capped hands, most of his points rely on the fast break. Taking ~5 seconds to go from rack to rack it used to be basically only mildly contested dunk. Now they don't even try to pass it to me; absolutely horrible. I can't imagine a situation where someone who can beat everyone upcourt wouldn't get the ball on 90% of fast breaks. I got 2 fastbreak buckets between the 2 games, compared to averaging 13 per game prior.

My experience with my SF (92 overall);
Absolutely horrible. Went from about 50 points per game (45-60ish, depending on who playing) to about 28-32. The shots that the play calling was giving me were reading as "Bad Shot Selection" from mid range, even with capped mid ranged shooting skills. I was shooting 74% with ~50 pts a game with mostly jumpers, after this patch it looks like I'll be shooting 45% with 30 pts a game.

In general I'd love to see the automatic play calling go, it's just aweful. Beyond that the contested dunks are awesome. My 7' SF with 99 vertical (and capped off/def rebounding) is actually grabbing more rebounds than millsap (my sf is on the jazz) which makes a lot more sense to me. The rest of the changes seemed great.

So in short, if you don't want to read all of that, the major issues I have with this that are going to make me not play this game very seriously until fixed are;
Fast Break AI (If my guy is the only person down there why wouldn't he get a pass with 99 hands? This makes no sense to me. I can't call for the ball everytime (even though I catch it when I do) because once in awhile they actually do throw it down and for some dumb reason my guy quick-passes when they do if I'm trying to call for the pass)
Automatic play call; speaks for itself in how silly and pointless it is in myplayer. What's the point of telling people their basketball IQ if they don't need to have any basketball IQ to play the game anymore? Icing out key-players and key-playmakers because of their rating is terrible. If one player is shooting 70+% for the season there's no reason to throw the ball to someone who is shooting 20% and only making shots off of offensive rebonds.
This is just terrible.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

Last edited by Hassan Darkside; 11-24-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
oh man i think im going to start my association over again then all the good things im hearing. and i am 75 games into the season. THANK YOU 2K... Darn shame im at work right now urrgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLg00
hey. i was wondering whether it is necessary to restart an Association for the fixes to apply? Has anyone tested this?

Thanks!
From Ronnie 2k:
Quote:
@Travis__Weaver Patches affect in-progress seasons. about 14 hours ago via web in reply to Travis__Weaver
Old 11-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #48
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I had my first quitter online just now!! It was soooo satisfying!! I had the Washington Wizards and he ran with the Boston Celtics. He was being too one dimensional trying to score everything with Ray Allen. He got so frustrated since he wasn't scoring consistently that he just tried forcing passes all game.....EASY TURNOVERS and FAST BREAK OPPORTUNITIES for John Wall and the gang. He eventually quit once I was up by 13. And I gave him negative feedback in the process LOL

The previous online game I had the Magic going against the Lakers. Once again, another one dimensional user. In fact, I held Kobe scoreless halfway through the third. All but two players on my team scored while only 4 players on his team scored the entire game. That was a satisfying win as well.

I love how you just can't force the drive inside anymore online. These cheesers going to have to work on their jumpshooting now MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by Mos1ted; 11-24-2010 at 10:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »