Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #185
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
They are usually pretty good w/ this. Anyone that signs before like Jan or Feb usually gets into the game with their new photo. (Granderson last year and Swisher/Teixeira year before are examples that come to mind). Matsui also had his Angels cap on in last years game.
Not the cap, but the photo on the card. Holliday still has the Rockies uniform on for example. Pretty much every player traded last year or signing with another team still had their 08 picture on the card. It was like they completely forgot about it. Oh yeah, and can ROY from 09 Andrew Bailey please get his real face? I can understand some of the rookies that didn't play much getting the random face, but not a rookie of the year. Unacceptable. Perhaps it had to do with Bailey working for that other game. It is all a conspiracy I tell ya, a conspiracy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #186
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Now that enigma has brought it up...What about the "pitch black" skies? Be awesome if they were finally gone.
Pitch black skies are a part of baseball, though. That "illusion" is created by ambient light. But it's not just the sky, the entire surrounding environment. Even the downtown city skylines of Pittsburgh and San Diego become less visible from inside the stadium.

Unless you meant having the slight visibility of clouds, I don't really know what else you would be able to see when it gets to the point of ultimate darkness.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #187
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
Not the cap, but the photo on the card. Holliday still has the Rockies uniform on for example. Pretty much every player traded last year or signing with another team still had their 08 picture on the card. It was like they completely forgot about it. Oh yeah, and can ROY from 09 Andrew Bailey please get his real face? I can understand some of the rookies that didn't play much getting the random face, but not a rookie of the year. Unacceptable. Perhaps it had to do with Bailey working for that other game. It is all a conspiracy I tell ya, a conspiracy!
Thats what I mean, the photo on the scoreboard will be with new cap, the uniform on the actualy card will be with them in old team because they havent played a game with their new team to catch them in full uniform. Cards from like upper deck or whatever it is are like that in real life. They have pic from previous year, but the headshot is up to date.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #188
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Pitch black skies are a part of baseball, though. That "illusion" is created by ambient light. But it's not just the sky, the entire surrounding environment. Even the downtown city skylines of Pittsburgh and San Diego become less visible from inside the stadium.

Unless you meant having the slight visibility of clouds, I don't really know what else you would be able to see when it gets to the point of ultimate darkness.
The pitch black look is real too life I understand what you mean, but its the way it happens. 1 inning we have twilight then next complete darkness. There is no smooth transition. The Maurer sky shot hints that we might see an improvement.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #189
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Agreed. Light pollution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
The pitch black look is real too life I understand what you mean, but its the way it happens. 1 inning we have twilight then next complete darkness. There is no smooth transition. The Maurer sky shot hints that we might see an improvement.
Depends on the time of year ... it is not just one inning, not that fast.

It will be light and not get dark till about the 3rd inning early in the year, in the summer it is darker later, like the 5th ... more tweaking I am sure has been done though.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #190
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Player model sticklers:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...omparison.html
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #191
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Believe me I did, I'm just waiting on more shots to see if it indeed stays that way going to night instead of the hazy gray.

Check the new thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #192
Rookie

OVR: 5

hey are the controls from last yr available online as well for mlb11?
NCAA- Gophers
NCAA BBALL- Duke

----------------------------------
MLB 12 THE SHOW TIME!! GO TWINS!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »