Home

Former UFC Champion Jens Pulver to Appear in Supremacy MMA: Screenshots and Trailer

This is a discussion on Former UFC Champion Jens Pulver to Appear in Supremacy MMA: Screenshots and Trailer within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Former UFC Champion Jens Pulver to Appear in Supremacy MMA: Screenshots and Trailer

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

View all the new screenshots, right here.

Pulver to represent Supremacy MMA during XFO 38 on January 22, 2011 Watch the fight exclusively on GameSpot

Milton Keynes, UK—January 12, 2011 — Global videogame publisher 505 Games announced today that former UFC lightweight champion Jens Pulver will lend his hard-earned image and story to Supremacy MMA™, coming this summer to Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

"I’ve been up, down and every direction in between and I ain’t done yet, so stories like mine are perfect for a hard-hitting game like Supremacy MMA," said Pulver. “Having seen the game and how true to the soul of the sport it is, I’m glad that this is the game I get to be a part of.

Pulver will lend his likeness and backstory to the game, as well as serve as a combat and story consultant. He will also represent the game during a variety of real fights, the first of which will be XFO 38 “Supremacy MMA” on January 22, 2011 in Woodstock, Chicago. The event will be broadcast live exclusively in partnership with GameSpot.

“Supremacy MMA is as much about telling the fighter’s story as it is about delivering blistering fast gameplay that’s as brutal as the real thing, so we knew we had to get Jens for our game,” said Ralph Pitt-Stanley, Commercial Director 505 Games. “His climb through the ranks of the underground into the pro spotlight and his willingness to continue to fight regardless of what title he bears exemplifies the fighter’s heart that Supremacy MMA portrays.”

An outspoken fighter and avid gamer, Pulver has seen more than his fair share of personal and professional ups and downs. He single-handedly put the lightweight division on the map for UFC, fighting above his weight category for years before the UFC all but created the lightweight class for him. He went on to dominate at his true fighting weight, winning three UFC championship titles.

Supremacy MMA brings the brutality of unsanctioned, amateur and unlicensed MMA fighting to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 systems, favoring fast-and-furious gameplay and underground aesthetics over official branding and television-style presentation. The game raises the bar in the MMA space by bringing an unprecedented level of fast, fluid combat, intuitive controls and true-to-the-sport brutality, telling the story of up-and-coming fighters on their quest for supremacy.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Former UFC Champion Jens Pulver to Appear in Supremacy MMA: Screenshots and Trail

I will pass on this mixture of Tekken, Mortal Kombat, MMA game

Looks like it could be a fun "fighting" game but I tend to enjoy my realistic games more so. Plus if I am going to buy a "fighting" game I would go with one of the big dogs such as Tekken, Street Fighter, or Mortal Kombat.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #3

OVR: 34
When I saw 505 Games, I thought maybe Natural Motion was involved with it. It doesn't look like that's the case.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Former UFC Champion Jens Pulver to Appear in Supremacy MMA: Screenshots and Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
When I saw 505 Games, I thought maybe Natural Motion was involved with it. It doesn't look like that's the case.
Funny so did I
Old 01-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39
The marketing for this game seems so familiar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Meh.....umm no. I expect this game to drop to $20 within a month of release
Old 01-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Probably only be $40 at release. It is 505.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »