Home

Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2011, 03:11 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao

EA Sports think that in their virtual sports games, they have found the best and most enjoyable way to present sports, and that the real life networks just haven't caught on yet. True story. This is the same company that bought the entire ESPN license and proceeded to do nothing with it in terms of presentation. Announcers, banners, graphics, style, NOTHING.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 18

I wish I didn't watch that. There were so many moments that they could have had if Teddy spoke about the Tale of the Tape, mentioned something during the entrances, and the announcing of the fighters in the ring was just....(fill in the blank).

I have watched all the clips and promotional videos, but I don't think this game will have legs to stay in my xbox 360. Round 4 stayed for a while, because I was starving for a good boxing game.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #43
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm pumped for this game but these intros (and the cloned cornermen) are disappointing. It doesn't look or sound much different than FN4.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #44
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolfanDave
And this is what I talked about in the other thread about presentation why after all these years can't we get an intro just like real life. I mean these guys making the game are boxing fans I assume so they know how HBO/Showtime/PPV show intros . I mean we all know the other sport games have nailed it and intros are much more important in boxing than any other sport by far as it builds up the fight so I am just at a lost here.
This!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #45
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I mean....you guys are pointing out how the cornermen all look the same in this game.

Yet, when you play NBA 2K...you can see Patrick Ewing, Bob McAdoo and every Assistant Coach in the NBA. And they are very recognizable. Small details add up big time.

So whats the deal yo????????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
So whats the deal yo????????
The deal, yo, is that 99% of EA's market could care less about the intros and corner men. I guarantee you they have data showing how often it is skipped, not just in this game, but all sports games.

That's why a "feature" of TW 12 is the improved ability to just get in and play golf.

I'm not going to argue that what you want wouldn't be cool. But there is no way it translates to greater sales. Zero chance.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #47

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
The deal, yo, is that 99% of EA's market could care less about the intros and corner men. I guarantee you they have data showing how often it is skipped, not just in this game, but all sports games.

That's why a "feature" of TW 12 is the improved ability to just get in and play golf.

I'm not going to argue that what you want wouldn't be cool. But there is no way it translates to greater sales. Zero chance.
I agree it won't translate into sales, but to have the same looking corner team, doing the same gestures, is almost blatant in how obvious it is that little is given to the presentation of this particular game.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I agree it won't translate into sales, but to have the same looking corner team, doing the same gestures, is almost blatant in how obvious it is that little is given to the presentation of this particular game.
Agreed, and my first question when we got to community day was....."Will we see NBA2k11 presentation in game"... They said "NO". Not because they don't want to do it, but because they wanted to focus on gameplay. They said once they get gameplay ironed out then like all other EA sports games. They will then work on the "smaller" bullet points such as presentation.

I agree presentation is extremely important and was my #2 most wanted improvement. With #1 being gameplay. They are focusing on my #1 so I can't complain to much about lack of presentation. Because the game has to be fun to play first. If the gameplay is not up to par, then no matter how great your presentation is. It won't get seen if the game does not get play time cause gameplay sucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »