Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #129
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Gameplay footage from MLB 11 The Show - Community Event

Me?
I'm in favor of the generated real player faces. They would look damn good(as they do in game)....and I hate it when the headshots are "mix and match"(half real/half gen)...the hat doesn't kill me...but to get the correct caps on each player would be pretty nice.

On the OF play...I don't know if it's been mentioned....but they redid some logic and animations, so that the OF'ers don't always go to the correct spot for the carom and just wait there. They will set up...but it might be off and they will have to correct now. I believe it's tied into the fielding ratings as well.
It's good to see that.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #130
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Me?
I'm in favor of the generated real player faces. They would look damn good(as they do in game)....and I hate it when the headshots are "mix and match"(half real/half gen)...the hat doesn't kill me...but to get the correct caps on each player would be pretty nice.
co-sign

Quote:
On the OF play...I don't know if it's been mentioned....but they redid some logic and animations, so that the OF'ers don't always go to the correct spot for the carom and just wait there. They will set up...but it might be off and they will have to correct now. I believe it's tied into the fielding ratings as well.
It's good to see that.

M.K.
Knight165
This is going to change the gameplay a ton!! I know it's been mentioned for INF play in regards to top tier animations reflecting ratings - is this going to be the same for OF play as well? Will only top tier OF get certain diving animations?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #131
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Me?

M.K.
Knight165
totally agree knight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #132
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
co-sign

This is going to change the gameplay a ton!! I know it's been mentioned for INF play in regards to top tier animations reflecting ratings - is this going to be the same for OF play as well? Will only top tier OF get certain diving animations?
Yep. Only the elite OF'ers will get to certain animations(according to their fielding ratings....so as players progress/regress I'm pretty sure this will change)
I was specifically referring to the way the OF'ers will play the ball off the wall though....just to clarify. But both are happening.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #133
Banned

OVR: 1

OMG those stances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event

In regards to Knight's question, I would definitely be in favour of having the option to use generated faces. Any time something is an option that's a positive.

However, perhaps to take it one step further, I think the possible options would be great:

Real pictures: Use real pictures only.
Generated: Use generated pictures only
Real until traded: Use real pictures until a player changes teams, then switch to generated.

So with three options you could satisfy everyone.
Real picture for those who want to keep it as is.
Generated for those who want similar style pictures across the board.
And real until traded, for those who want to keep the player pics as much as possible but also hate when there are incorrect hats on players.

In my opinion that would satisfy everyone.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #135
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
agreed. Camera angles could be better. even the replay camera couldn't keep up with the ball hitting the wall.
Not only are there a TON of camera angles available, but there are also custom cameras in there as well. You guys really need to wait until the game hits, as I think that you'll be quite impressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #136
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
The batter should have called timeout while the pitcher took forever to pitch. Instead it went to an unrealistic cut-scene of the umpire being an idiot.
Also, push down on the d-pad, and you can step-out of the box, same with stepping-off of the rubber while pitching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »