Home

MLB 11 The Show - Analog Hitting/Pitching Miscellaneous Tips

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Analog Hitting/Pitching Miscellaneous Tips within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #17
Rookie

Phillies2010's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Analog Hitting/Pitching Miscellaneous Tips

very useful thanks alot
Old 03-03-2011, 04:57 AM   #18
Rookie

thx1113's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Piazza
When you don't swing, the "release" is telling you how well you timed the pushing back on teh stick. When you do swing, the "release" and "timing" are telling you the whole result of your swing, so it factors in the push back and the push forward.
I'm sorry for doubting you, but have we had any confirmation that this is really what's going on? I was under the impression that the "release" information if you didn't swing was referring to the pitchers' release.

You may well be right, and I hope you are, as that information would be very useful, but I'd really like to see a dev confirm or deny what's going on there.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:22 AM   #19
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

I think thx is right...even on timing on hitting, if you dont swing it will give you a release information...its how well the CPU pitcher hit his line, nothing to do with the batter.

To clarify, if you dont swing the release info is the CPU pitchers timing, if you do, its your swing timing.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
I think thx is right...even on timing on hitting, if you dont swing it will give you a release information...its how well the CPU pitcher hit his line, nothing to do with the batter.

To clarify, if you dont swing the release info is the CPU pitchers timing, if you do, its your swing timing.
Even against the CPU? It seems strange that they would want to tell us that the CPU pitcher had good timing when releasing his pitch.

Brian
Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
This is a definitely helps increase pitch counts and helps foul off borderline pitches.
As I asked though, is there any point of pressing O for Contact or square for power pre-pitch if you're using the analog controls? (or the right joystick simply)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Piazza
When you don't swing, the "release" is telling you how well you timed the pushing back on teh stick. When you do swing, the "release" and "timing" are telling you the whole result of your swing, so it factors in the push back and the push forward.
I'm not so sure this is true. I have pulled back super early just to test it and it said late. It seems pretty random to me. It could be that it is meant to do what you are saying and it's just buggy I don't know.

Did you get confirmation on this from any dev's?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyanksrdbest
As I asked though, is there any point of pressing O for Contact or square for power pre-pitch if you're using the analog controls? (or the right joystick simply)?
Yes by pressing O pre-pitch you will attempt a contact swing. X for contact, and square for power. It defaults to contact swing so you don't have to keep pressing x if that's what you normally use.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #24
MVP

Yeah I would definitely like to get confirmation on these two things. Maybe Russell can jump in if he's still around.

I really think Pyscho is correct about the pitcher release information. I haven't tried it but I guess you said even if you don't stride it still gives information if you pull up the swing analysis. I do agree with Brezzer in the fact that it's really odd that we get to know how well the CPU timed its pitch. Strange.

The other big thing is different player stride timing. Does the system actually take into effect the graphics of the player's stride foot landing for perfect timing or is it more of a timing based algorithm with the right analog stick. In simpler terms: Do you stride right before the pitcher releases the ball REGARDLESS of the individual player's stride?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »