Home

NBA 2K12 - Steve Kerr to Join Kevin Harlan on Commentary Team

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 - Steve Kerr to Join Kevin Harlan on Commentary Team within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #25
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K12 - Steve Kerr to Join Kevin Harlan on Commentary Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
nice addition but as someone else said, put Marv Albert in there. Steve and Marv with some TNT stuff (lock up that deal for TNT 2k). Maybe keep Harlan and Clark (although i'm not much of a Kellogg fan) and have 2 different teams so you dont get the same guys every game.

Just as long as Hubie Brown isnt in there (i know he's ESPN/ABC). When he is doing the game its the worst. The way he speaks (how many times does he say "ok" or "now look") and how hard he tries to justify every call the refs make as the right call, he is brutal. Mike Tirico, Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson would be nice if they could have the ESPN/ABC rights in the game. But just get TNT in there at least.
Hubie Brown is one of the most knowledgeable and best analysts there is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #26
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnyduns
Clark Kellogg does do actual NBA games just not on a national level. Kellogg has been the color commentator for road Pacers games for more than 20 years so he does do work at the NBA level.

Being a Pacers fan I like Clark Kellogg in NBA 2k11 and would rather have Kellogg than Kerr. But, I'm playing the game for the actual gameplay not who is calling the games so it doesn't really matter who they have doing the play by play to me.
Oh ok. I'm in Mavs country so I wouldn't know about Pacers regional broadcast. You taught me something.

Anyway, I like 'em both. But Kerr might be a breath of fresh air.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #27
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
nice addition but as someone else said, put Marv Albert in there. Steve and Marv with some TNT stuff (lock up that deal for TNT 2k). Maybe keep Harlan and Clark (although i'm not much of a Kellogg fan) and have 2 different teams so you dont get the same guys every game.

Just as long as Hubie Brown isnt in there (i know he's ESPN/ABC). When he is doing the game its the worst. The way he speaks (how many times does he say "ok" or "now look") and how hard he tries to justify every call the refs make as the right call, he is brutal. Mike Tirico, Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson would be nice if they could have the ESPN/ABC rights in the game. But just get TNT in there at least.
Oh my goodness that is so backwards!!!

I'm sick of Marv, and Kevin Harlan is TEN steps ahead of him at this point in his career.

And Hubie Brown is legendary. His knowledge is unmeasurable.

Glad you're not in charge........
Old 03-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #28
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Oh ok. I'm in Mavs country so I wouldn't know about Pacers regional broadcast. You taught me something.

Anyway, I like 'em both. But Kerr might be a breath of fresh air.
I don't like it, it's like taking the Live series commentators and adding them to 2k basketball. I don't want to hear Marv or Kerr...we've been hearing him since Live on PS2.

If they do add him as a third commentator, it better be refreshing and a good mix of all three.

Because the commentary in MLB 2k11 with 3 commentators is amazing!!! Better than anything else out! And 2nd to none so far!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

We Want Chuck! We need his Trillness...

Him + Hubie Brown/Van Gundy = Perfecto to me, commentary would be better than the gameplay
Old 03-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
Almost anyone would be better than Kellogg(except maybe Walton)
"Throw it down, Big Man!"
Old 03-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
I like this move because Clark doesn't do NBA games very much anymore and Kerr is very active in broadcasting. Could this also signal a TNT broadcast system for next year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #32
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Oh my goodness that is so backwards!!!

I'm sick of Marv, and Kevin Harlan is TEN steps ahead of him at this point in his career.

And Hubie Brown is legendary. His knowledge is unmeasurable.

Glad you're not in charge........
Hubie may be knowledgable i just can't stand listening to him because of how he talks. Too many times he's talking about something just kind of rambling to kill time until he sees the replay. He just talks too slow for my liking. Its not smooth and quick enough, he's always 2 steps behind the action. I'm not saying he doesnt know what he's talking about. Plus he's captain obvious with a lot of what he says. And he uses the phrase "now look" and the word "ok" way too much when starting what he's going to say or when he's watching a replay. Like he'll be watching the replay rambling about something waiting for the replay to show something and then when he finally sees something its "now look". Just something about the way he talks frustrates me. He says ok after everything. I absolutely hate it when he's doing a big game because it makes it less enjoyable to watch.

this guy isn't great but watch his Hubie Brown impression, he does a good job duplicating how he talks and how dumb it sounds. He doesnt sound like him voice wise but he gets his style down pretty good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpa1P...eature=related

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 03-11-2011 at 10:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »