Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #4: 4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #4: 4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #4: 4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop

This play is awesome, I run it in 11, by making it with some hot routes. People never expect it. Its on my blog below if you wanna see how I make it.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #4: 4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop

Maybe this will help with the TE being open over the middle to often. I also think DE's need to jam the TE's instead of letting them waltz right by.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

To the commen about there being different types of 3-4 schemes and what not, you hit the nail on the head. There is no way in all that is hoy that you can run a nick Saban style 3-4 with what they give you. Just because of how complex some of his schemes are (dime : outside corners man, 1 inside blitz 1 inside zone, fs zone, ss blitz. De man, MLB blitz). Now hOneslty, how many have of you have seen a play that even remotely resembles that (if you could understand it). What I'm trying to say is each coach has such a different mind that you just can't implement that into a game
Old 03-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #20
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't think any game, including the 2k's ever got the 3 - 4 defense right, especially with all the various sets and looks that coaches bring.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #21
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I don't think any game, including the 2k's ever got the 3 - 4 defense right, especially with all the various sets and looks that coaches bring.
as a defensive coordinator who uses a 3-4 defense this has always been frustrating to see the 3-4 playbook in these games. It has so many things you can do with it that sadly is never represented in games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
as a defensive coordinator who uses a 3-4 defense this has always been frustrating to see the 3-4 playbook in these games. It has so many things you can do with it that sadly is never represented in games.
Sadly this could be said about all the defenses in the game. The most fundamental part of a defense isn't really IN the game. There are no Gap responsibilities, no force players, no BCR player, the only real difference between cover 2 and cover 3 is the number of deep players is a JOKE! But it is all we have, so I tweak sliders and for the most part enjoy the crap out of this game.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #23
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaticus
More cool play names

Donkey Punch Alpha Niner

Secondly, this looks like a legit play. Of the 4 that they have shown this one is my favorite. The way that DEs actually play these days, I am surprised this was not added far sooner
This play is nice to a certain point !
Old 04-04-2011, 02:34 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrosati56
I know this probably isn't the best forum for this but I have to ask.....Does anybody else agree that the 3-4 has yet to be correctly portrayed in a video game? And I'm not bashing EA, I LOVE NCAA 11, still playing it, I passed up on MLB2K11 to keep my dynasty going....I just wish I could use the 3-4......I think the devs have a hard time getting the nose tackle interaction right.......I think if they could get that right it would add one more little wrinkle to recruiting too......we all know a 3-4 d-lineman and a 4-3 d lineman are completely different animals...think of Casey Hampton vs. Warren Sapp.....
This x1000

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »