Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Producer Behind The Scenes (OS in the Background)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Producer Behind The Scenes (OS in the Background) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #33
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 12: Behind the scene producers video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I understand this not bothering someone visually that bad but if it is in fact off like you describe, that's a serious foundational issue, IMO. If the field and players are not scaled close to accurate, then that has to be skewing other areas as well. I will refrain from going into some long rant but how can things like routes, QB drop backs, field measurements, speed/jump ratings and spacing be simulated well IF the scaling foundation is that far off?
EA either does it intentionally or they just don't care.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #34
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA '12 Behind the scens video from EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_baker09
WOW! thats so cool. I saw the photo i posted here on OS of FSU's new field layout and it showed them editing it into the game!
And now I am going to post this... in hopes that EA can still get this in the game. At TGT there's a thread about which team everyone will be using and I posted that I will probably play an off-line dynasty w/ Florida State... cool uni's, love the War Chant, Chief Osceola and... if EA can get these girls in the game, I'll never play as any other team!

Insert Big Hint Here:

Old 04-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #35
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Looks like secondary color cleats...(for UF) you could only wear orange last year IIRC

Good catch Born. It appears that secondary team color arm and leg bands are in too! Slick. All the little details end up making a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 PM   #36
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Good catch Born. It appears that secondary team color arm and leg bands are in too! Slick. All the little details end up making a difference.
Nice, I didn't even see the Alternate colored bands until you mentioned it. That's a nice little addition people have wanted for a while.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 04-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #37
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Producer Behind The Scenes (OS in the Background)

Wow... makes you realize how much effort those little things take. That marhing band had alot of members with alot of moving joints. Also, I hope there's some new bowl presentations... I think it was hinted at in that Vid with the Fiesta Bowl thingy...
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #38
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I understand this not bothering someone visually that bad but if it is in fact off like you describe, that's a serious foundational issue, IMO. If the field and players are not scaled close to accurate, then that has to be skewing other areas as well. I will refrain from going into some long rant but how can things like routes, QB drop backs, field measurements, speed/jump ratings and spacing be simulated well IF the scaling foundation is that far off?
Yea that's the biggest issue I have with ncaa. If the spacing is off then the whole game is just messed up. The reason why the players warp and can cover 10 yards in 2 steps is mainly cause they are too big for the field. If they fix the scaling of the players to the field then that would open up so much for the game.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #39
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Producer Behind The Scenes (OS in the Background)

Never personally noticed if the players were to big but if the difference is really that far off I can only imagine how much of an impact it must have on the game.

I still do not care for extra visuals or what the art team does. More interested in the things I can't see. AI coding is where its at baby. What good is a shiny game if it plays like Tecmo Bowl. (Not that Tecmo Bowl was bad for its time, but its not up to today's standards).
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
Definitely this. With the primary and secondary colors as options would add a lot to the realism.
Is there a way that we can petition to try to get these in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »