Home

Madden NFL 12 - Switch Teams in Offseason, Scouting Reworked, Free Agent Bidding Wars

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 - Switch Teams in Offseason, Scouting Reworked, Free Agent Bidding Wars within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Madden NFL 12 - Switch Teams in Offseason, Scouting Reworked, Free Agent Bidding Wars

IGN has just released quite a few more Madden NFL 12 details, including the ability to change teams in the offseason, tiered scouting system, an eBay style bidding system for free agents and more.

Quote:
  • Dynamic Player Performance: Player ratings fluctuate based on consistency and confidence.
  • Player Roles: More than 20 roles (Playoff Performer, Trench Warrior) affect player and team stats throughout the season.
  • The Pre-Season Matters: Start with 75-player roster and need to make cuts each week. Playing pre-season games reveals player ratings.
  • Scouting Reworked: Tiered scouting system reveals ratings tied to different events (college season, combine, pro day, individual workout).
  • Draft Class Improvements: Robust set of draftees built for 30 seasons of franchise. Teams draft based on their real tendencies.
  • Free Agent Bidding Wars: eBay style bidding against other GMs creates intense, rapid-fire free agent period that takes only a few minutes to complete.
  • Smarter General Managers: Better re-sign and cut logic. GMs make trades and sign free agents who fit their needs, with player roles factored in.
  • Coaches Matter: Coaches have small positive and negative impact on how players perform on the field based on their style.
  • Edit Any Player: Alter the ratings of any player -- rookie, created player, or established veteran.
  • Change Teams: In any offseason, change control of which teams you run in Franchise mode.
  • Numerous Tweaks: Many other small tuning and additions are coming, including retirement logic, a more accurate salary system, fixes to the injured reserve system, better simulation stats, and more.
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Madden NFL 12: The Basics - IGN (new information)

Here's the link: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1168425p1.html

And some small new information I picked up on;

Quote:
What's the biggest gameplay change?
That's something EA has not revealed yet. We're hoping that's the focus of Madden NFL 12 at E3 2011.

The Pre-Season Matters: Start with 75-player roster and need to make cuts each week. Playing pre-season games reveals player ratings.

Edit Any Player: Alter the ratings of any player -- rookie, created player, or established veteran.

Change Teams: In any offseason, change control of which teams you run in Franchise mode.

Numerous Tweaks: Many other small tuning and additions are coming, including retirement logic, a more accurate salary system, fixes to the injured reserve system, better simulation stats, and more.

How has Madden online changed?
EA hasn't revealed this yet, but we're told a big addition is in the works.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Switching teams in Madden 12 has been confirmed!!!

Fantastic news.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden NFL 12: The Basics - IGN (new information)

Switching Teams in Franchise mode is back. That is awsome news to us people who love building a team up and then moving on to another team and doing the same thing. You really have to love the Madden Crew for all the hard work they put into this year Madden. I give them a hand.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 05-15-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Switching teams in Madden 12 has been confirmed!!!

This is a awesome addition to Franchise mode. Now if we can only get in game saves in...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #6
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I love the line that playing Preseason games reveals players ratings. So playing actual preseason games will matter this to make cuts and award positions.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Ok, funny thing. I'm gonna say this, and I actually think it's funny, as in hah ha funny. I'm not snarking. I am not one of the people who says OMG these features are old generation so Madden suX0r!!!

But the line about 90% of players trying franchise stuck out to me. Last year we got all kinds of stats about how many people went online once and never stuck with it, so they did things to make the game a lot simpler for newbies to learn, and ignored offline modes. They used stats last year to make their case for why they were telling sim and offline franchise players, sorry, no soup for you.

Now, this year they're sharing a stat to talk about how many people try franchise but find it, I guess, too shallow and unrealistic to football.

I just think that's funny!

I've always thought that they should be building the brand from the hard core fan outward anyway. In other words, if they want to rope in a new generation of new players, they should make the loyalists so overjoyed that they become your big viral salesforce. Maybe they'll try that for a couple of years now.

Having said that, WOW. They really amped up franchise and listened to what we wanted. Assuming the execution of all this is decent, and of course I expect some hiccups that can maybe require a patch, this should be a helluva lot more fun to play than any Madden, maybe, ever.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 05-15-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

will we be able to edit the rookies' skin tones and faces? Now that they have real pics as their portraits it might be that the generated players looks way off so being able to edit his appearance (skin tone & face) would definitely help!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »