Home

Madden NFL 12 Gamplay Impressions (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Gamplay Impressions (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 12 Gamplay Impressions (Shopmaster)

Shopmaster has posted some gameplay impressions for Madden NFL 12 via MyMaddenPad.

Quote:
"There has always been some criticism toward EA’s Madden NFL franchise in respects to catering to the casual fan. We all know these “casual” fans and what they look like. It’s the dad that throws the football with his son outside but has never played Madden. It’s the guy who is a diehard Steelers fan but has never seen Troy Polomaulo hit stick a running back in Madden. It’s the boy who watches football every Sunday with his dad but plays Pokemon White on his DS instead of playing Madden. It’s these fans that EA has always tried to get to play their virtual gridiron football game by coming out with a new “Sexy” feature. You know what I mean by sexy feature right? It’s that one feature that will get the casual fan interested in playing Madden. So in Madden 08 it was the “Ring of a Champion”. In Madden 09 it was the “Virtual Training Center” and the “Backtrack and Rewind”. In Madden 10 it was “fight for the fumble” and “Chain Gangs”. Notice how all those “Sexy” features have been removed from the game. So when I participated in last weeks Madden NFL 12 Community Day and Madden’s Executive Producer, Phil Frazier started giving his opening presentation; I asked him one thing. What’s the new “Sexy” feature in Madden NFL 12? Phil took a couple of seconds and said “There is no sexy feature”. He later said, “This year it’s really about focusing on the hardcore.” And that’s exactly what EA has done with their feature set especially when it came down to Gameplay in Madden NFL 12."

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-16-2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Title edit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Shopmaster's Gameplay Impressions

I like he said you can't automatically run forward.....that goes a long way in stopping future cheesers who thought with no auto dropback they would be able to run up the middle every play with ease at the snap of the ball.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

This guy seems very excited about the game. I've never read anything of his before, so I don't know how he felt about previous games. It would be interesting to know how he felt about Madden at this point last year or the year before.

Nothing about the game, but he needs to tighten up his writing. It was a little tough for me to read
Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #4
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Man, I just kept smiling the whole time I was reading this. Can't wait to read the looooong blog about franchise later today. Regardless of how everything actually pans out, Madden 12 just has such a feel good vibe about it this year, IMO. Madden 12, the "feel good" game of the year! LOL

Seriously, I really enjoy reading about how EA has brought in people that actually spend their time looking for exploits in the game. Add this with the fact of having Adem from OS on the inside, former football players in various EA football development positions, bringing in the experts like CBS producers/NFL cameramen and just really being "True" to football.

This is only May and they still have plenty of time for tweeks and tuning even before E3. I haven't been this excited about a NFL football game since I thought there would be a NFL2k6.

It sure does feel good to be excited about NFL football video games again!
Old 05-16-2011, 01:47 AM   #5
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

So, has anyone found the answer about the auto drop back... if you don't touch the stick will the QB drop back the appropriate number of steps, will he just sit there or will he drop back indefinitely? This guy makes it sound like he will just sit there... but I doubt that is the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 02:09 AM   #6
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

ooooook! I must admit I was drinking from the fountain of Haterade but after reading this article and the article on IGN I am getting STOKED for this game! ALOT of old features I've been missing and dying for are back in Franchise mode..... and with the new gameplay this could be the year I can skip the online cheese and actually have FUN IN AN OFFLINE FRANCHISE!!!!! Now if we can just get this little matter of the LOCKOUT solved.....
Old 05-16-2011, 02:44 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

I'm not sure if most of you guys know it or not - But ShopMaster is one of the few sources of Madden information I trust implicitly. We don't always agree on matters of strategy, but we share the same values in terms of honor and principle.

I'm glad to see all the changes that cater to the hardcore fan, instead of the infrequent and often inexperienced Madden buyer.

"NO SEXY FEATURES" is the best news to come out of Community Day in years. For years the guys have been trying to give newbies tools they either refuse to use, don't play long enough to use effectively, or rail against right out of the gate... Good to see DEV time used in a manner that caters to actual Madden players instead of would-be players.

It's gonna be a great year...

Later
Old 05-16-2011, 02:55 AM   #8
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
ooooook! I must admit I was drinking from the fountain of Haterade but after reading this article and the article on IGN I am getting STOKED for this game! ALOT of old features I've been missing and dying for are back in Franchise mode..... and with the new gameplay this could be the year I can skip the online cheese and actually have FUN IN AN OFFLINE FRANCHISE!!!!! Now if we can just get this little matter of the LOCKOUT solved.....
I'm thinking the opposite, to me it seems this is the year were online is gonna be competitively fun, chess match type games with user skill involved.

I still remember the good ole online games i would have on the PS2, some of my best online memories were then. I just want that back

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »