Home

Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #73
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Eh, they also haven't had months to sit down and pound through season after season to find flaws. Probably to in-depth for the amount of time they got to get a real feel for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
They were also playing early builds, so any 'issues' that they could point out are pointless at this time. Give it a rest man. I never said they didn't have enough time to find any issues, what I did say, was that all they had time for was to look at all the new stuff and report on it. Not sit there and analyze every free agency move in the off-season or draft pick to see how it doesn't make sense for the AI to do that. When the game comes out on August 30th you will have 30 minutes to find all of your problems with the game and you can make a nice long post about it all you want. Or you can play the game for a few hours and enjoy all the new bells and whistles and see the progress that's being made.

O...k...

What ever. I'm sorry for who ever's feelings were hurt with my posts. I won't "hijack" a Madden impressions thread by talking about Madden anymore.

We cool now?
Old 05-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #74
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
LT your issues with the Madden series are well documented. I think we (Madden fans) are just enjoying a little sunshine with the announcements of all of the franchise enhancements, improved tackle engine, broadcast camera angles, slick stat overlays etc. The game looks like it is finally going to deliver big time.

Come on man. Let us bathe in the positive news. And I hope you get to enjoy the game as well.

It's all good.

I don't understand what you mean. Please tell me where I am raining on someone's parade, and bashing the game? I have said not a single bad thing about the game in this thread. I have also been cautiously optimistic in my posts about the new additions, in other threads.

I think you guys are seeing something that isn't there.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #75
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Back on topic...

One thing I would like to know is if it is still easier to get sacks with the strong side DE vs. weak side DE. This is the opposite of how it should be, but this has been an issue with madden forever. If you don't believe me, try it. Play a whole game as the weak side DE and then play the same team with the strong side DE. Tell me who you got more pressure/sacks with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
Well I gotta hand it to EA for at least one good proven decision. Being able to obtain an exclusive NFL license, sure makes for some "spirited" Madden discussions. LOL

Some people will overact about giving constructive criticism and others about acknowledging deserved credit. Can't we all just get along?

On topic, I know the OP can not comment but am I the only one encouraged about the possibility of online franchise upgrades due to the fact that the developer of LeagueManager was invited to test Madden?

Coincidence? Not bloody likely!
Let's be sure when you bring up the exclusive license you also bring up the fact that the other company was also offered that exclusive license but was not willing to pay the money. The ONLY group that has benefited from the license agreement is the NFL. The money EA had to pay for the license to continue making the game limits their budget as well.

Also the creator of LM (Derek Adams) was invited down because of the ridiculous amount of work he was able to put in on his own initiative and out of his own pocket. He basically got the invite because he is a beast with coding and has done awesome stuff for the Madden 11 community.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 1
Are trades done the same way as head coach now too with counter offers and such?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #78
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm going to make this simple. Any more attacking people in this thread is going to be met with a ban.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:53 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Two very important things to me regarding atmosphere are:

1. Crowd noise- Has this made a huge jump this year? It seems like every other sports game has really nailed this aspect of the game with a dynamic sounding crowd that sounds real and reacts to appropriate situations on the field. Madden crowds have been absolutely terrible and completely take me out of the "gameday" experience.

2. GREAT to hear that you really like the stat banners! My question is, do you see alot of them? Stat banners should pop up for both offensive and defensive stats multiple times a drive. I think PS2 did a great job with this aspect of presentation. Their stat banners looked great and there were a ton of them.

Thanks in advance if you can answer these!
1. I really can't give you a fair answer as commentary wasn't in yet, and a lot of the audio elements weren't dialed in yet.

2. Yes I did see stat overlays on a consistent basis, not just the QB either. I basically saw an equal amount on bother sides of the ball.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:02 AM   #80
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Were you able to experience Dynamic Gameplans? I haven't been able to find any proper information about it yet.

According to the franchise blog it does change from year to year, but how dynamic is it? Does it adjust for individual games during the season, or even during games if a key player gets injured in, say, the 1st half?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »