Home

First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set [UPDATE: Extra Info Added]

This is a discussion on First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set [UPDATE: Extra Info Added] within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #81
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set [UPDATE: Extra Info Added]

I'm not getting too excited about the new goalies. If there is too much flopping around, they could be worse than ever. It worries me whenever they tout desperation saves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 10

Another real life gameplay aspect that's lacking as well is the dump and chase. We're talking about a major part of the NHL at least being neglected..
Old 05-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #83
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And I swear, if I see any goons or scrub players making blind, tape-to-tape, backhand passes while the CPU goes into Berzerker mode, I'm done.

I don't give a crap if goons can dipsy-doo in practice. There's a reason we never see it in a game. It's because they stink when playing at a high speed and against players that are really trying to stop them.
So NO dangling from John Scott! No threading needles from Zack Stortini! No sniping from Sean O'Donnell!!!!!

Enough is enough! No other GOOD sports game does that.

I don't see Brandon Inge hitting .560 in The Show. I don't see Steve Nash banging bodies in the paint in 2K11.

I don't want to see guys playing out of their skin in NHL12 either.
first off, great whole post!!

i just quoted a bit of it..

sad thing is, EA doesnt care about what you just posted. i have said that many times, and all EA responds with is that we want the user to have full control. well full control hampers the realistic experience that they market.

if they want us to have full user control, thats fine, but please leave that non sense to the be a pro eashl online crap. then they could tweak the actual NHL/AHL/Euro leagues to play realistic to player types/builds. no more tape to tape goon passing and dekes etc.

like you said, there is a reason these guys dont do it in an actual game, and also a reason they only see 2 to 4 mins of ice time!!

but when guys like me and you point this stuff out, people say we just bashing the game, that we not good enough to compete etc. thats not the case, they market a realistic game, then they need to make the players play realistic. no more exaggerated dekeing, same old robot type shots and goals..

god for bid they spend time on cleaning up a great base they have and make it play a solid game of hockey.

out of the box it should be on hardcore settings, loose pucks, tough to deke, stars playing like stars etc.. if guys want to change that, then have them go to settings and make it casual.

stop catering to these casual people, make them play hardcore out of the box!! maybe, just maybe they will adapt to the better settings, and that being hardcore.

eashl, needs, casual, normal, and hardcore leagues.. with no playing teams from the other leagues... hardcore plays hardcore teams only!!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Last edited by Fiddy; 05-25-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

And I swear, if I see any goons or scrub players making blind, tape-to-tape, backhand passes while the CPU goes into Berzerker mode, I'm done.

I don't give a crap if goons can dipsy-doo in practice. There's a reason we never see it in a game. It's because they stink when playing at a high speed and against players that are really trying to stop them.
So NO dangling from John Scott! No threading needles from Zack Stortini! No sniping from Sean O'Donnell!!!!!

I still believe NHL07 had far better player type representation than the subsequent sequals.
Snipers sniped, danglers dangled and passers passed.
Since NHL09-NHL11, the CPU is able to do all of those things regardless of what kind of player it's controlling.
I don't see Brandon Inge hitting .560 in The Show. I don't see Steve Nash banging bodies in the paint in 2K11. I don't want to see guys playing out of their skin in NHL12 either.
i absolutly agree!!!! EA do it right this year.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #85
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
stop catering to these casual people, make them play hardcore out of the box!! maybe, just maybe they will adapt to the better settings, and that being hardcore.
I always cringe when I read stuff like this - not because I disagree with you but because somehow a sports game playing like the actual sport has to be labelled hardcore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #86
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy

they market a realistic game, then they need to make the players play realistic. no more exaggerated dekeing, same old robot type shots and goals..

god for bid they spend time on cleaning up a great base they have and make it play a solid game of hockey.
Very well said Fiddy.

Although I do have a more favorable view of the gameplay than some others...but I certainly welcome other peoples opinions, and their ability to express themselves on what needs to be done. To make the game play more realistically.

Myself...I kinda have trouble putting it into words what I think needs to be done better. But I like to think if "it" was there....I'd know it. Yep...EA touts their sports games as simulations. Yet, I do believe they program the games [NHL included] to be a bit less that "sims"...due to fear of alienating the more casual gamers among us. JMO. I know it's not my investment, ie, money...but I personally believe that fear is unjustified. The sports gaming community has aged through the years. And imo...I think the majority wants the most true to life sports games as possible. Up to, and including, some of the limitations that would come with as "sim" as possible.

I really enjoy playing the NHL game. But you bet, I'm sure hoping the decision makers are focusing on making the..."Most realistic playing hockey game to date". Hopefully we'll see more evidence of it in NHL '12'.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #87
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I really hope BAP and BaGM get a HUGE upgrade this year.
No more horrible stats. And I want a very deep BAP experience. Start in the CHL and work your way into the draft after 2-4 years in junior.
That also means, I don't want 40 TOI because I want it too. Give me the option for the coach to dictate my ice time and if I'm a rookie, then I get 8 minutes a game if I'm not ready.
No PP, no PK, no shifts if the game is on the line.

The presentation also needs to be overhauled for this as well. When playing BAP, I want to know what's going on around the league.
I want press conferences. Options to get into it with other teammates, coaches, etc.

I know I sound like a wet blanket, but seeing how little time the EA team has spent on the offline modes, I'm not going to hold my breath and I'm certainly not buying this outright.

Not only do these modes need a big facelift in order for me to buy, but the gameplay needs to become far more organic.
I should be able to tell the difference between playing the Wings or Canucks as opposed to the Flames or Bruins.

I still believe NHL07 had far better player type representation than the subsequent sequals.
Snipers sniped, danglers dangled and passers passed.
Since NHL09-NHL11, the CPU is able to do all of those things regardless of what kind of player it's controlling.
I don't see Brandon Inge hitting .560 in The Show. I don't see Steve Nash banging bodies in the paint in 2K11. I don't want to see guys playing out of their skin in NHL12 either.
Perfectly said, my thoughts exactly.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 4

TBH I think people are being overly negative. I wouldn't expect the first trailer to be mostly fixes for existing features.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »