Home

OS at E3: Madden NFL 12 Preview

This is a discussion on OS at E3: Madden NFL 12 Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #25
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
So...is the DPP and Trait feature the same thing or two different features? If they are different, I wonder which is gonna have more of an effect on the players on field play? It seems to me like this DPP is a bit to one extreme and then to the other, but rarely in the middle. I don't want to play where my team or a key player plays great for the first half, but after a bad halftime experiece, comes out and sucks it up for the rest of the game. The individual traits sounds like a much better way to determine how a player is gonna play, while the DPP sounds more like mood swings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS at E3: Madden NFL 12 Preview

hey chase, is anything being tuned when it comes to running animations? how about the presnap and postsnap animations, players look life-less and move very stiff when going back o the huddle after a play or lining up at their positions before the snap..? any word on these issues?
Old 06-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Is the link in the first post to a truncated version of a more substantive and detailed set of impressions? The article introduced by that link doesn't really offer anything new, it lacks detail (aside from the brief suggestion that one hot run early can make a back's ratings increase), and it's incredibly short.

No offense to Chase here--I was just looking for something longer and a little more specific. What exactly leads you to believe that this game has the potential to match The Show as an elite sports game of this generation beyond your observations that the pre-game and post-TD celebrations look cool, the player models are a bit more varied than last year, and DPP *seems* to work?

In most of the videos all I see are clowns playing tourney ball (love the Raiders guy's one play with the slant to the Reece and the fade to Miller), so those videos don't really tell me much about how the game would look and seem to people of our ilk here at OS. I'm assuming you tried to call a more "normal" game--were you able to complete timing routes, notice zones covering certain areas of the field better, or answer any other major questions OSers tend to have?

I know the game time is short at these things, but still . . . perhaps you could speak to a couple of those questions now.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I wouldn't go out and ask people if they lost their mind if they are doing a lot of previewing for us. I already stated in here that he has been very critical of Madden the past few years, so, hearing this is encouraging.
i was being sarcastic when i asked if he's lost his mind (im sure he hasn't). Don't take things so serious.. smh
Old 06-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm kinda surprised that this article thinks presentation is finally "up to spec". From what I've seen at E3, it still looks painfully average to underwhelming. The commentary hasn't really noticeably improved and the TV broadcast is scant at best (the game will cut from random TV angles to playable angles without any compelling TV-like transitions). I'll admit, the touchdown sequences are a little more exciting, but those were really never the problem. Madden 11 did a pretty decent job at zooming in the appropriate players, and modifying the scorebug in a cool way to signal a score.

At this point, I'm not sure what to say but sigh when it comes to Madden's prospect of creating a truly engaging presentation element.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #30
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Looks like everything is shaping up nicely except the commentary. Still, I'm a glass half full kind of guy, so everything is good
Old 06-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
I'm kinda surprised that this article thinks presentation is finally "up to spec". From what I've seen at E3, it still looks painfully average to underwhelming. The commentary hasn't really noticeably improved and the TV broadcast is scant at best (the game will cut from random TV angles to playable angles without any compelling TV-like transitions). I'll admit, the touchdown sequences are a little more exciting, but those were really never the problem. Madden 11 did a pretty decent job at zooming in the appropriate players, and modifying the scorebug in a cool way to signal a score.

At this point, I'm not sure what to say but sigh when it comes to Madden's prospect of creating a truly engaging presentation element.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think Madden's 12 camera's shots pre and post play kill Madden 11, but to each their own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #32
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think Madden's 12 camera's shots pre and post play kill Madden 11, but to each their own.
I agree, it's not even close.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »