Home

Out of the Park Baseball 12 Review

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball 12 Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 12 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
that sounds great. i'd really hope for that feature as it would be what sells me on the mac version. i currently play iOOTP on my phone and that is good for on the run type gaming. whilst I know that OOTP12 is MUCH more advanced than iOOTP, I think having that game engine/graphical simulation would be a game changer.

Much like football manager does.
Is football manager (and I know its soccer) like NFL head coach in the sense that you call the plays/manage and its played out for you?

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150
Old 07-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett67
Is football manager (and I know its soccer) like NFL head coach in the sense that you call the plays/manage and its played out for you?
I suppose football manager is a little like NFL head coach. However, in soccer you don't have to call plays as such, you just set tactics and the players will act accordingly. Therefore you try and play to strengths.

The biggest thing about football manager IMO is the same as OOTP which is the management part. Scouting, contracts, expectations and all those in depth tweaking is where it really shines.

I know it wouldnt make much difference with graphical representation as the play-by-play is great. But if you're curious have a look at some online vids for football manager gameplay. Something like that would be a game clincher personally for me. My wife is amazed at my obsession with these hard core stat driven sports games.

If only she could have seen the paper stats I kept as a kid on lakers vs celtics and the really early madden games.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #11
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
I suppose football manager is a little like NFL head coach. However, in soccer you don't have to call plays as such, you just set tactics and the players will act accordingly. Therefore you try and play to strengths.

The biggest thing about football manager IMO is the same as OOTP which is the management part. Scouting, contracts, expectations and all those in depth tweaking is where it really shines.

I know it wouldnt make much difference with graphical representation as the play-by-play is great. But if you're curious have a look at some online vids for football manager gameplay. Something like that would be a game clincher personally for me. My wife is amazed at my obsession with these hard core stat driven sports games.

If only she could have seen the paper stats I kept as a kid on lakers vs celtics and the really early madden games.

I'll check it out on Youtube. I agree that more of a visual representation would be nice, even if its basic and repetitive. Right now, I'm running an 8 team high school league in which my team is currently 3-11. So, right now I think I'm better off not seeing it played out LOL

btw ,my wife doesn't get why I play these games. I'm just wasting time by sitting here playing something that isn't real. But, in my head, it is. I look at it this way, at least when I'm not working, I'm ALWAYS at home

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2
My wife laughs at how we look at these players as they are real people. When I have a player do something special I tell her a story and then I realize she is just going to laugh at me. I do it time after time and never realize it till its to late. lol
Old 07-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11
My wife laughs at how we look at these players as they are real people. When I have a player do something special I tell her a story and then I realize she is just going to laugh at me. I do it time after time and never realize it till its to late. lol
Oh mate, I do the same. I tell her about player X who I am targetting. Or a young player with potential who I sign to a great contract and they immediately start performing. And she laughs.

But like garrett says, at least it keeps us off the streets. They got to appreciate that.

Last night in bed I was playing i OOTP leading 4-1 in the bottom of the 9th and my closer gives up 2 back to back homers to tie the game. I swear, naturally, and my wife looks at me like i'm a weirdo. Imagine if this game had graphical representation as you watched that 2nd homer fly......I'd be 100 times more angry!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does OOTP12 Have a feature that so I can turn off the financial aspect/salary structure? If not can someone please recommend a sim baseball game that has this option?
Old 10-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

that sounds great. i'd really hope for that feature as it would be what sells me on the mac version. i currently play iOOTP on my phone and that is good for on the run type gaming. whilst I know that OOTP12 is MUCH more advanced than iOOTP, I think having that game engine/graphical simulation would be a game changer.

Much like football manager does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #16
usf
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillsphan
Does OOTP12 Have a feature that so I can turn off the financial aspect/salary structure? If not can someone please recommend a sim baseball game that has this option?
Stratomatic is a great baseball game. Its big advantage is that the game can be played as a board game too if you want. Thus, you can always trace the results of the play to the card and not wonder how something just happenned when it did. Not having a hidden game engine attracts some to the game. Jason

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »