Home

NCAA Football 12 Roster Glitch Confirmed, Patch to Address Concerns

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Roster Glitch Confirmed, Patch to Address Concerns within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA Football 12 Roster Glitch Confirmed, Patch to Address Concerns

Christian McLeod has confirmed the NCAA Football 12 roster glitch will be addressed in an upcoming patch. The fix for now? Are you ready for this? Delete your named roster file.

What are the problems you ask? Here are just a few comments from the OS community.

One of the NCAA Football 12 Software Engineer's posted this topic (roster related), in hopes to get some things resolved.

via skins5680
Quote:
When you edit the name of a scrambling QB it changes them to balanced and editing a balanced QB changes them to scrambling. I noticed when i downloaded a roster with names that Denard Robinson was shown as a balanced QB so i went back to the default roster and he was back to a scrambler. So i played a game with the named roster and he attempted zero scrambles. I then played a game with the default roster and he scrambled five times in the first two drives.

via Gotmadskillzson
Quote:
I seen this last week when I downloaded Fairdale Kings rosters for the 360. It just isn't the QBs tendancy that changes, it is also the pass rusher, coverage guys, hard hitters.

Everybody tendancy description changes......

I noticed it also effected the Kick off and punt returns for the CPU. And effected the punt blocking the user. With no names, I was able to return punts back for a TD sometimes with a good enough returner.

With names, the gunners get down the field super fast like they did in NCAA 11.

With out names, the CPU was able to return punts and kick offs back for TDs on me. With names, their blocking is non existent and the cpu have a hard time making it to the 30 yard line on kick offs and on Punt returns they get 3 yards now, my gunners get down the field so fast now I be right on top of them as soon as they catch the ball.

So as it stands, no names seem to give the better game play.

Being that other players tendancies have changed, I noticed some things.

1. LBs get a lot of tips and INTs on named rosters, even when they aren't in position to do so.

2. Safeties who suppose to be heavy hitters, turn into coverage guys and Intercept passes they normally wouldn't.

3. WRs get off the line quicker on named rosters and they hit stick tackle people on Ints. I had intercepted a pass and a WR hit sticked me.

4. Thomas with his new found strength is now more likely to keep the ball on read option plays. More like 90% of the time now. This was the same way in NCAA 11 when you made a QB's strength too high.

5. DEs don't generate a pass rush on named rosters like they do on non named rosters.

Now I am REALLY glad I didn't delete the default roster. I will have that to play until they fixed the name rosters issue.

Way too many players to edit get them back to what they suppose to be tendancy wise. Which is another thing, with the work around even though they back to their correct tendancy, their ratings will be out of whack.

Good players will be made weaker, weaker bad players will be made stronger.

via buckeye02
Quote:
Same issue with no patch.

Also messed around, it changes the tendency for every single player. Im thinking that the rosters will have to be named again if this is patched.

How can they patch it to go in reverse and correct tendencies on already named rosters?

Looks like a more realistic patch is a fix to keep it from changing for future named rosters.

via Bumble14
Quote:
Just received confirmation that this issue is being looked into heavily by the guys at EA. Be patient--there is a sizable amount of testing with different design divisions to identify the issue and look into a possible fix.

It would be helpful if you can please put together a chart showing the following for all positions affected by this issue. I would then like to provide this information to EA. This would also help with making community edits if necessary. Thanks.

Position:
Default Tendency:
New Tendency:
Result:

via BaylorBearBryant
Quote:
Well, so far...

Position: Quarterback
Default Tendency: Scrambler
New Tendency: Balanced
Result: Default scrambling quarterbacks hardly scramble at all.

Position: Quarterback
Default Tendency: Balanced
New Tendency: Scrambler
Result: Default balanced quarterbacks scramble all the time.

Position: Running back
Default Tendency: Speed
New Tendency: Balanced
Result: Default speed backs act as balanced backs. They'll attempt power moves too often.

Position: Running back
Default Tendency: Balanced
New Tendency: Speed
Result: Default balanced backs act as speed backs. They'll never attempt power moves.

If you want to read more about the ongoing NCAA Football 12 roster glitch, simply read the replies to this topic.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Possible roster glitch

Did you check to see what roster edits were made? My guess is he was edited to be a balanced qb to better fit in Hoke's new offense.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I seen this last week when I downloaded Fairdale Kings rosters for the 360. It just isn't the QBs tendancy that changes, it is also the pass rusher, coverage guys, hard hitters.

Everybody tendancy description changes......
Old 07-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
Did you check to see what roster edits were made? My guess is he was edited to be a balanced qb to better fit in Hoke's new offense.
NO

On default rosters he is listed as scrambler. And Fairdale King didn't edit anybody ratings and it still changed his player style description. I even took a picture of it and put it in the bugs thread last week.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Really? That's weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Are you serious? This is out of control.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Very serious......

Play against the cpu with default rosters, then play against them with named rosters. Game play is different.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Yea, Denard Robinson is balanced on buckeye and gator's. Don't know if they touched his ratings, but his acc. is a 99 so he's got the abilities of a scrambler still it seems. If you go to edit player, it even marks tendency as a scrambler. But when you leave, it says balanced. Pretty sure he's still going to run. Something else to test I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »