Home

NHL 12 Trailer - Legends Teaser (This is the "Big" Announcement)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Trailer - Legends Teaser (This is the "Big" Announcement) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #41
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: "Big" Announcement

I have to say I'm disappointed, but not surprised by this being the big announcement.

There isn't anything wrong with adding this type of mode, but they over hyped it and I think that will lead to people who play NHL mostly for 6v6 left shaking their head. Hopefully next year they add something people actually want like online be a gm, rather than wasting development time on broken glass, and goalie fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

This is it? Are we sure?

If so, my reaction:

Don't think I will use this feature at all.

Last edited by jyoung; 08-08-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #43
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I cant wait to see all these legends with generic faces lol.
I really don't think the EA team will use generic faces for the best players in NHL history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightFuture
Thats quite an assumption implying that the Panthers will be the worst team in the league this year considering all of the moves they have made. PM me an apology at the end of the season when they finish between 7-10 in the conference. They are a middle of the road team with the best prospects in the NHL. Im sure you know who Bjugstad, Markstrom, Gudbranson, Grimaldi, and Huberdeau are though right?
Really? You guys overpaid a bunch of depth/boarderline 2nd/3rd line players to hit the cap floor. Sure, the new signings will certainly boost your position in the standings, but you must be smoking some really crazy stuff to think the Panturds are anywhere near playoff bound.

As far as the prospects, sure they have a solid and deep pool but nobody you listed will make an NHL impact this year except for Gudbranson, and there is really no saying how he will do.. being a high-rated prospect does not mean you will have a great rookie year (See:Hedman,Victor). Then again, what does it matter? FLA cannot even retain any of their good players...Olli Jokinen, Nathan Horton, Vokoun, and so many more...

Oh, and it does not help that your starter is nicknamed Jose Three-or-more.

Sincerely,
A Lightning Fan.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 4

First off, the announcement is great. We will finally have a chance to play with the greats and see how they match up against today's players. And to say that it is not an announcement that is big, let's look at basketball and football. 2K added Jordan and sold more copies than ever before. NFL allowed legends and 2K based an entire game on them.
Now, to be honest, outside of Canada these legends won't seem all that great, but to Canadians over 20, these are the guys we grew up idolizing and it will be great to play with them. I am going to reserve full judgement until I see how they are going to be incorporated, but I am excited. And to say this is the same as the All Canadiens team is garbage, these guys made hockey in North America a great sport, the Canadiens were important in Canada, but if you didn't like Montreal, you didn't like them. The NHL has a tougher time selling "Legends" because there are many "professional" leagues in the world, unlike the NFL and NBA.

I truly believe that the announcement that would change the way you played every mode was the new simulation thing. So I think people are confused that this is THE big announcement.

All that being said, I truly believe that more people are ecited about the game because of Gretzky being in it than TD Garden in Boston.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts_26
I really don't think the EA team will use generic faces for the best players in NHL history.

Really? You guys overpaid a bunch of depth/boarderline 2nd/3rd line players to hit the cap floor. Sure, the new signings will certainly boost your position in the standings, but you must be smoking some really crazy stuff to think the Panturds are anywhere near playoff bound.

As far as the prospects, sure they have a solid and deep pool but nobody you listed will make an NHL impact this year except for Gudbranson, and there is really no saying how he will do.. being a high-rated prospect does not mean you will have a great rookie year (See:Hedman,Victor). Then again, what does it matter? FLA cannot even retain any of their good players...Olli Jokinen, Nathan Horton, Vokoun, and so many more...

Oh, and it does not help that your starter is nicknamed Jose Three-or-more.

Sincerely,
A Lightning Fan.

And what did I originally say?? I wrote that Florida was not the worst team in the league. So your agreeing with me??? Great! Welcome aboard lightning fan. BTW, good luck next year without Gagne.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #46
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
And what did I originally say?? I wrote that Florida was not the worst team in the league. So your agreeing with me??? Great! Welcome aboard lightning fan. BTW, good luck next year without Gagne.
You said the Panthers will be in playoff/near playoff position. They will not make it past 13th in the conference.

And thanks for wishing Tampa luck without Gagne. I know his 17 goals,concussions, and 5.5mil contract will be dearly missed here in Tampa.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #47
Rookie

sraczk2011's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Bjugstad, Markstrom, Gudbranson, Grimaldi, and Huberdeau
Quote:
Markstrom, Gudbranson, Grimaldi, and Huberdeau
Quote:
Gudbranson, Grimaldi, and Huberdeau
Quote:
Gudbranson, Grimaldi
Quote:
Grimaldi
You are aware he's 5'6", right? He's a better prospect for ministry than hockey.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #48
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Lets just say that they had the Montreal Canadians centennial team 2 years running as if they are the only original six team with Stanley Cups. How about sharing the love EA Sports just don't mail it in new dialog on the play by play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »