Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Dime Magazine)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Dime Magazine) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #9
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Dime Magazine Preview NBA 2k12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
The article said something that may get some people on here nervous." While all these improvements are great, ultimately they’re small. Is it really worth it to fork over more money for essentially the same game? The “NBA’s Greatestmode is the reason why you should." hope people don't overreact.
I doubt they showed him everything. There are a few more choice reasons to spend 60 dollars this year. I am eagerly awaiting a specific announcement.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Nice preview read. I have a feeling that NBA2K12 will knock NBA2K11 out of the ballpark, and I still love playing NBA2K11. What was interesting I was sitting and watching a 1986 Finals video of The Rockets vs The Celtics that is also on that website and watching how much of a beast Kevin Mchale was in the paint. Got me amped to play with the old Celtics team on NBA2K12,.. can't wait!
Going back to 2k11 after playing 2k12 is a pain. Not just because it's newer but because is so much more FUN. That is one takeaway I had from 2k12. I love 2k11 but it is not always FUN. 2k12 is a blast to play wether you play against the computer or against a human.

Now when you play against another human who understands the game of hoops you will have some CLASSIC games. We had games where it starts out with 2 guys in the room playing and by the time you get to the 4th qtr the office is full and guys are cheering. It's just a lot of fun to play and watch.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6

He mentions you have the ability to pit the 08 celtics against the Bill Russell celtics, i wonder if that means some recent championship teams are in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #12
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Master07
He mentions you have the ability to pit the 08 celtics against the Bill Russell celtics, i wonder if that means some recent championship teams are in
Yeah, I don't remember seeing the 2008 Celtics among the (newer) classic teams.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Going back to 2k11 after playing 2k12 is a pain. Not just because it's newer but because is so much more FUN. That is one takeaway I had from 2k12. I love 2k11 but it is not always FUN. 2k12 is a blast to play wether you play against the computer or against a human.

Now when you play against another human who understands the game of hoops you will have some CLASSIC games. We had games where it starts out with 2 guys in the room playing and by the time you get to the 4th qtr the office is full and guys are cheering. It's just a lot of fun to play and watch.
Thats real good to hear Da_Czar, as someone who will probably only touch the NBA's Greatest Mode a handful of times like I did with the Jordan Mode in 11', this is the news that resonates with me. Hopefully in the near future we can get some juicy info on mode improvements and additions (such as CPU controlled teams to online leagues!). Til then ill enjoy some of the screens that just got posted today, lookin good!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #14
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Will 2K12 bring 2K7ish fun back? Hope so...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #15
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
I doubt they showed him everything. There are a few more choice reasons to spend 60 dollars this year. I am eagerly awaiting a specific announcement.
SPILL IT!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

Thanks Czar for making me even more ready for Oct.4 to get here
But that's great to hear how its hard to go back to 2K11 after playing 2K12 because I love 2K11 and I still play it everyday like it was just released lol. Can't wait to hear your impressions of the game so far Czar

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »