Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #25
Rookie

mrKfresh's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladCanada
Any word about bounce passes? I still play nba2k7 and love the game to death. After reading last year that bounce passes weren't the best I decided to skip it. NBA2k12 will be a purchase for me without a doubt and I'm sure a big change as I haven't played any other nba2k game since 2k7. Thanks!
Really tho? you skipped over the greatest basketball game too date because you have a bounce pass fetish? And you haven't played any other 2k since 2k7!? yikes. that is very kind of nonsensical when you really think about it. Anyhow too each his own i suppose.

This years game is shaping up too top last years and i cant wait too play. The addition of more nostalgic modes wont get much of my attention.. the core game seems to be even more improved than last year and thats all that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

i know this is off topic but anyone know what happen to the Q n A thread
Old 09-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

is a DLC confirmed? is their a list of teams?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
is a DLC confirmed? is their a list of teams?
No, it is not confirmed, nor has 2k said anything about any DLC. There was a list of teams posted on some other forum that is being speculated upon but several of those teams don't seem likely to make to be in even if there is any DLC.

Here's the thread with speculated list I mentioned http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ble-teams.html
Old 09-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrKfresh
Really tho? you skipped over the greatest basketball game too date because you have a bounce pass fetish? And you haven't played any other 2k since 2k7!? yikes. that is very kind of nonsensical when you really think about it. Anyhow too each his own i suppose.

This years game is shaping up too top last years and i cant wait too play. The addition of more nostalgic modes wont get much of my attention.. the core game seems to be even more improved than last year and thats all that matters.
Well I personally don't see the need to buy a sports game every year. I'm not a major fan of basketball but I loved 2K7. I just like the fact that when I pass I can choose if it will be a bounce pass or pass. Wouldn't call it a fetish, I'd call it controllability. I just remember some talk that the bounce pass was diminished in 2K11, so therefore some control is lost. So I played tons of other games since we have a zillion options.

Like I said, I'm not a huge fan of bball so I didn't on purpose skip it every year...2K7 just gave me everything I wanted so I kept it. Now I feel like upgrading to the latest game, that's all.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #30
Rookie

Going thru the forums and searching on google, I see a lot of people complaining about no bounce passes in 2K11. Are lob passes even in the game? All of which were in 2K7.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #31
Rookie

mrKfresh's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladCanada
Well I personally don't see the need to buy a sports game every year. I'm not a major fan of basketball but I loved 2K7. I just like the fact that when I pass I can choose if it will be a bounce pass or pass. Wouldn't call it a fetish, I'd call it controllability. I just remember some talk that the bounce pass was diminished in 2K11, so therefore some control is lost. So I played tons of other games since we have a zillion options.

Like I said, I'm not a huge fan of bball so I didn't on purpose skip it every year...2K7 just gave me everything I wanted so I kept it. Now I feel like upgrading to the latest game, that's all.
Oh okay That's totally understandable . The way you feel about 2k is the way i feel about Football games lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #32
Rookie

Found the following article:

NBA 2K12 Preview (Xbox 360)
Submitted on: 08/18/2011 by DaWolf

It says.....

"The first disappointment came when I tried every possible combination, to see whether or not manual passes were in the game (bounce passes for example, like in NBA 2K7). I really wanted to see that in the game, but I couldn’t figure it out, couldn't find the modifiers."

So automatic passes are back in 2k12 perhaps? Why would I want the CPU to decide what type of pass I want to make?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »