Home

NBA 2K12 Legend's Showcase DLC Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Legend's Showcase DLC Details within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K12 Legend's Showcase DLC Details

this dlc doesnt interest me at all except for the fact that legends will be tradeable now. i cannot believe i will be paying $10 just to make roster moves, how ridiculous.

why doesnt 2k sell the game for $20 and then just charge people for every different game mode and feature separately? i could do without streetball, myplayer, online, etc... im sure a lot of people could care less about legend teams or association and just want to play online.

sure, $10 isnt going to kill me but it just seems like bs to take out things that used to be part of the retail game and then start charging for it. so now 2k costs $70 or more for a so-called "next gen" game when games were $40 a few years ago and with the exception of a lil bit better graphics theres nothing really that much more advanced. wonder what games will cost in 2 years when the "next gen consoles come out????
Old 10-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #170
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

It could've been packaged up like the combine was some time ago, but I really believe people would rather pay DLC for more teams floors, etc...

Look here, you cant even use the jerysey's...thats pretty wack IMO
Old 10-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ehhh idk. If you can't turn off the cel-shaded graphics that's stupid. With games like Batman Arkham City and BF3 I might not spend the $10 since I won't spend the time with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #172
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

**** battles? SIGN ME UP SCOTTY!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #173
Banned

OVR: 0

So let me get this straight....

I'm suppose to give "2K" more money for a game that is clearly broken and in need of an major patch. Online gets worse by the moment.

This DLC should have been free if anything. F*ck 2K
Old 10-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #174
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

people have to realize this is a business. 2K has to pay for the use of the legends. while I agree that these features could have been implemented into the retail version, NBA 2k12 is still a very deep game. look at the old nba games for $60 bucks. they were no where near as deep in modes and content.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #175
Banned

OVR: 12

Just to confirm: There are no online options for My Player...right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 2

... And to think, I was actually pretty excited when I read the thread title.

I'm gonna guess that this "cel shade" look is more than just a screen effect, and that it's actually written into the code of the players and the jerseys used in the mode. This could possibly explain why they're not usable in any other mode. We don't have that problem with classic players and teams that play with black & white screen effects in Legends Mode.

That's sort of what's troubling, here. It's pretty obvious just by reading this thread that 2k could be sitting on a DLC profit bonanza with regards to jerseys alone. Think about it; how many of us would be straight up drooling right now if this DLC was actually some kind of "Jersey Mega-Pack" that contained - let's be conservative and say 10 - classic jerseys that fans have been asking for for years, now (some examples include pretty much any Sonics jersey other than the 90's iteration, the classic Suns jersey from '93-'00, The Bucks' purple jerseys, more alternates/throwbacks for the Nets... One thing I've found annoying is that we get all these wonderful ABA throwbacks this year, but no away versions...)? Basically a buck per jersey... pretty simple stuff.

2k could have even run a poll and had fans vote on which jerseys they wanted to pay for in the package.

The contents of this DLC package carries little to no interest for an offline player. For me, it would be essentially ten dollars spent for the privilege of being able to edit classic team rosters much more easily, which is something I was able to do out of the box last year. Simply put, I just don't know if its all that worth it, especially considering even with the ease of being able to edit the rosters, I still won't be able to have a very realistic modern Sonics Association going, because I'll still be stuck with the 90's jerseys and shorter shorts (Seriously, the length of shorts looks ridiculous when going against a modern team... I know it's authentic to the period, but I was actually happier with the inaccuracy of 2k11 in this regard.)

Of course, alot of that could be fixed with a simple jersey DLC pack, something I think many of us, and many of 2k's fans in general, would be more than happy to pay for... but alas, I've asked around, sent emails, twitters, and even PMed a couple of the 2k guys that post here on the regular, and all I've gotten in return is the silent treatment, which is a pretty emphatic "No!" in my book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »