Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Video - How to Unlock Alistair Overeem

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Video - How to Unlock Alistair Overeem within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #17
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Video - How to Unlock Alistair Overeem

My complaint with all of the new "like" this and "message this to ten friends" that is that it's basically telling you do to the advertising for the company. Not only do you pay $60 for the product, but you have to go out and advertize for them to get more of the game. Shady practices like that are deterring me away from this game. If they can't afford simple advertizing, it makes me wonder what the game will actually be like...

Old 12-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #18
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

They gave an option to just submit when you put your info for the code.

This is far from spamming on facebook.

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
My complaint with all of the new "like" this and "message this to ten friends" that is that it's basically telling you do to the advertising for the company. Not only do you pay $60 for the product, but you have to go out and advertize for them to get more of the game. Shady practices like that are deterring me away from this game. If they can't afford simple advertizing, it makes me wonder what the game will actually be like...
They aren't telling you to do anything. They are asking you to do something. I didn't message 10 friends and I registered for the code.

I work for one of the biggest cable networks in the world and guess what....we use Facebook and Twitter to market our shows all the time. We have a website for one of our networks that asks people to post their thoughts about shows and puts them on Facebook and Twitter. My company spends tens of millions of dollars a year on advertising so it has nothing to do with "affording simple advertising". It would be idiotic to ignore those advertising options just because a few people think it spamming.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #20
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

In a way it is free advertising, but it is the sign of the times. Way too many people use Twitter and Facebook. From a business stand point, it is more cost effective and QUICKER.

You pay for a commercial and it MIGHT air twice in one hour. Unless you a major sponsor then it will air 5 or 6 times per an hour.

However you put something on Facebook and Twitter, it will get shared by 10s of thousands per a minute and it will happen 24/7.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #21
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They aren't telling you to do anything. They are asking you to do something. I didn't message 10 friends and I registered for the code.
Yeah, they are asking me to advertize for them so that I can unlock something that's already on the $60 game that I just purchased. As for the second sentence, I was using an example from other games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I work for one of the biggest cable networks in the world and guess what....we use Facebook and Twitter to market our shows all the time. We have a website for one of our networks that asks people to post their thoughts about shows and puts them on Facebook and Twitter. My company spends tens of millions of dollars a year on advertising so it has nothing to do with "affording simple advertising". It would be idiotic to ignore those advertising options just because a few people think it spamming.
I know that social media sites are the cheapest ways to advertize anything; I use some of the same methods for the choir that I sing in. However, I don't require people to do extra work so that they can hear an exclusive piece of music, or so that they can sit closer to the front and center of the auditorium. That's the main problem that I have with this mess.

It is also not "a few people [that think its] spamming." Every other message from a number of people talks about the game their playing and how they "need my help." If that's not spamming, I don't know what is.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Yeah, they are asking me to advertize for them so that I can unlock something that's already on the $60 game that I just purchased. As for the second sentence, I was using an example from other games.

I know that social media sites are the cheapest ways to advertize anything; I use some of the same methods for the choir that I sing in. However, I don't require people to do extra work so that they can hear an exclusive piece of music, or so that they can sit closer to the front and center of the auditorium. That's the main problem that I have with this mess.

It is also not "a few people [that think its] spamming." Every other message from a number of people talks about the game their playing and how they "need my help." If that's not spamming, I don't know what is.
Every major media company does promotions like "Like this page and see an exclusive clip from The Office" or "Tweet #American Idol and see an exclusive video". Its called marketing. If you want the video, you do it. If you don't, you don't have too. It cost you nothing and no one is forcing you to do it.

No matter how you try to spin it...its not spamming. The message about UFC Undisputed appears once. Once. Anyway, its just a strange thing to complain about in my opinion. I'm just happy they were able to get Overeem in the game. The game goes gold in a few weeks, it takes 8 weeks to create each fighter and he signed to the UFC in October. There was a good chance he wasn't going to be in the game or would've been DLC.

If that means I have to press one button and type in my email address just to get him, I'm glad to do it.

Last edited by aholbert32; 12-29-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #23
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Having a page for a TV show is different. It's more like having to click like to see the last 3 minutes of an episode. It's not even that really,we pay for cable,not individual shows. No one should be ok with this. This is FIVE fighters cut from the game they're asking us to do extra for,three of which could be champion or #1 contender very soon. It's a complete disgrace.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Having a page for a TV show is different. It's more like having to click like to see the last 3 minutes of an episode. It's not even that really,we pay for cable,not individual shows. No one should be ok with this. This is FIVE fighters cut from the game they're asking us to do extra for,three of which could be champion or #1 contender very soon. It's a complete disgrace.
That analogy doesn't apply and you know it. Stop trying to complicate it. They are asking people to "like" a page to access a feature. Its done with movies. Its done with TV. Again, no one is excusing them for the gamestop stuff. We are just talking about Overeem.

Anyway, like I said, if this is such a disgrace, show them with your wallet. Don't purchase the game and if you do....please don't like the page to get Overeem. I have no issue with people who complain (even if I think they are overreacting) but please don't complain about this to this level and still purchase the game and help them market their game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »