Home

MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #57
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I guarantee you it's not a "Hardcore" thing. Just put a poll up and you will see. I am not a hardcore player by any means and I don't want the clutter there. We were never apart of a focus group I guess...
No because they know we're going to buy the game anyway

No but in all seriousness, if you guys can't give us that option please tell us it's like breaking the da Vinci code to make that happen or simply because you just don't want it...by all means it's your game.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Nice.
It appears Adrian has already done his Mo-Cap because that's a new batting stance. It'd be cool if he does his timing mechanism where he "pumps" his back arm as he gets ready for the pitch.

The first baseman is playing off the bag a little. Perhaps it's because this is an early build and his placement hasn't been fine tuned yet, or because that's where he needs to be because of the new tag system that's in place for this year??

Just curious: if Adrian did Mo-Cap for you guys, did he do more than just his stance... like maybe some new scoop animations for firstbase?
Old 12-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #59
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
That's cool...Is it always this way or an option you can toggle on and off?
On (animates by itself), User (Press L3), and off which turns the entire art piece off.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #60
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Thanks...I like that feature..will save my L3 button..
Old 12-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #61
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

I noticed that the box on the right was displaying the analysis of the pitchers release point on the pitch which I believe is new

Also is that the new location of the pitch callout display that use to appear in the middle of the screen ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #62
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I like the new score bug...looks sleeker and more "broadcast" now. A small, but appreciated touch. I can see the use of having info such as confidence and energy on-screen (and, therefore, understand why some would find it appealing), but, like a lot of others here, I wish there was an option to remove it all. Oh well.

EDIT: and I'm not sure what I think about the new PCI. It looks more "videogamey" to me. I'm assuming we can still turn it off though, so no biggie.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 12-30-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #63
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Any chance we may ever see a maybe smaller ticker for the score at the top? Similar to ESPN, and then have it slide out for updates.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 6

Russ since you guys are adding stuff to screens, can you show the Base running ability and speed as a numeric display or at least include it on screen? Just a thought...rather than showing stamina meter why not show approx number of pitches pitcher can throw before in that tired zone(e.g. 70-75)? This still leaves people guessing as to how many pitches the pitcher has left but also tells you about how many pitches the pitcher typically can throw, something most managers know about opposing pitchers going in to games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »