Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Video - Adjusting Your Stance

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Video - Adjusting Your Stance within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Video - Adjusting Your Stance

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Video - Adjusting Your Stance

It seems to execute the high draw or a fade only requires you to move your aiming marker?? Was I missing something? I did notice that the swing did require an inside swing path which was positive to see.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Yes, you still have to execute the shot on swing plane and with the proper tempo....
Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Yes, you still have to execute the shot on swing plane and with the proper tempo....
You're saying one has to alter their swing plane to pull of specific types of shots? If true, then the game has indeed taken a step forward, and Total Shot Control is more than just a rehashing of the old system.

That's a huge step forward come to think of it. Nothing like that has been attempted in a golf game before. Similar to something I read yesterday in The Show forums regarding their analog pitching system, and how pitch execution varies according to each pitcher's individual speed of delivery.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

Is it for known for certain that you have to pull back to the left or the right and follow thru in a diagonal manner when executing draws\fades or does pulling straight back give you that diagonal swing plane simply because you have adjusted your aiming marker for a draw\fade? I have yet to hear it mentioned one way or the other.

I sure hope it's the former but wouldn't it make more sense simply to change your swing path while your aiming marker is pointed straight like you would do in real life? It seems changing feet position is simply a cosmetic touch which isn't mutually exclusive of your aiming marker position. IE: you can't change your foot position independently while setting up a shot.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 02-03-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
You're saying one has to alter their swing plane to pull of specific types of shots? If true, then the game has indeed taken a step forward, and Total Shot Control is more than just a rehashing of the old system.

That's a huge step forward come to think of it. Nothing like that has been attempted in a golf game before. Similar to something I read yesterday in The Show forums regarding their analog pitching system, and how pitch execution varies according to each pitcher's individual speed of delivery.
TW for the PC had that type of shot control for years. I may be mistaken because I haven't played it for a long time but I think Links 2003 for the Xbox executed fades\draws dependent on your swing plane.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 02-03-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

I also believe TW 2005 for the PS2 had the diagonal swing for draws and fades... Not groundbreaking by any means...

What I hope is that all of this combined will make exact shot making much more difficult and have risk/reward scenarios... Go for shots to hole out could mean bogey.... Playing to the correct part of the green means easy par with a chance at Birdie... Puts this much closer to golf than the current dart game we have now...
Old 02-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

Regarding my swing plane comments, I'm for the most part a PC clicker, which explains my ignorance lol. But I have to say: anytime I've played the PC or console versions and used the stick to swing, the only time I was ever able to get a solid, proper shot off was when I moved the stick absolutely perfectly along the center swing plane. Any deviation from that resulted in a bad shot, period. So this idea of being able to shape decent shots with the swing stick is all news to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »