Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

A few things would make this game just absolutely amazing...

1. Improved commentary - I don't need to go too in-depth with this one considering most people agree it's very stale.

2. ESPN, MLB Network presentation - I'm not sure how this works with legal stuff and everything or if they could do this but it would be awesome to be playing the sunday night baseball game of the week with all ESPN presentation.

3. Improvements to Franchise, including a headline ticker - I went back and was playing MLB 2k8 the other day and I completely forgot how awesome franchise mode was in that game.

There was a constant ticker going across the home franchise screen with headlines like "Sabathia fined, apologizes for beaning" or "Orioles call up phenom Dylan Bundy" and also at the beginning of the year things like "Cubs look like favorites to win World series" and "Verlander emerging as frontrunner for Cy Young award. Even though this are just one-liners that don't have deep articles attached they still make the mode seem so much more real. Also, I loved getting the email's from "Crazed Fan" yelling at me as a GM for my team losing too much or getting a goal mid-season to win a crucial series against a rival.

Now granted, the gameplay in 2k8 is awful, but I think they really got it right with franchise.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5
More classic parks Tiger Stadium, Candlestick, Three Rivers.

The ability to download your jerseys and team you create in diamond dynasty. ( they would make some money even if they charged us to to do that now, as long as we can edit the players)

The ability to download full teams from the Vault. This is huge for roster editors!

More uniforms.

I can't think of many gameplay issues it's by far the best sports game out there!

Keep doing what you do! Stadium creator????!!!!! That would top it
Old 05-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #11
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1. Make Busch Stadium look even better.

2. Bring Create-a-team out of Diamond Dynasty and into the game itself. With more sock options.

3. Give us more options for vs CPU Diamond Dynasty. I would play it all day, except you can't go anywhere unless you play real people.

4. Like the article says, we still need to get RTTS transfers over the different titles.

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 05-25-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
Pro

Also real quick we need Afros, long hair, shorter version of stirrups like the mid late 80's kind. Again if any of this can be incorporated and we have to pay for it this year we would.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #13
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
Get the sizes of the uniform and helmet logos, plus the player numbers right! The helmet logos of plenty of baseball teams are too small (e.g. Houston, Kansas City, Seattle, Colorado, Chicago White Sox).

Other uniform secondary logos are too small as well, e.g. Oakland's elephant or the "db" on Arizona's uniform.

Fix the colors: The red of Washington, St. Louis, L.A. Angels and Philadelphia is off (Washington and L.A. Angels especially). The respective blue tones of Seattle's, Minnesota's and Cleveland's batting helmets are off, too. They're too light and should be as dark as Atlanta's helmet (which is perfect).

Last edited by Bulls321974; 05-25-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #14
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

If 13 adds these things I will never play another game ever again:

200 players in an organization

An amateur draft that isn't tied to retirements

Make the minimum age 16 and have the IFA process work like it does in real life

A revamp of the progression and training systems to allow more variance and rapid growth when a prospect "figures it out"

A way to import players from the year before

Home and away uniform options in the edit screen

For the vita version have CAPs imported from the PS3 look like the PS3 version
Old 05-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #15
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
Get the sizes of the uniform and helmet logos, plus the player numbers right! The helmet logos of plenty of baseball teams are too small (e.g. Houston, Kansas City, Seattle, Colorado). Other uniform secondary logos are too small as well, e.g. Oakland's elephant or the "db" on Arizona's uniform. Fix the colors: The red of Washington, St. Louis, L.A. Angels and Philadelphia is off (Washington and L.A. Angels especially). The respective blue tones of Seattle's, Minnesota's and Cleveland's batting helmets are off, too. They're too light and should be as dark as Atlanta's helmet (which is perfect).

The colors might just be your TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #16
Pro

Importing rosters over from year to another would also be HUGE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »