Home

MLB 12 The Show Game Update 1.21 Arrives, Details Included - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Game Update 1.21 Arrives, Details Included - Post Your Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #121
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 12 The Show Game Update 1.21 Arrives, Details Included - Post Your Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by payton425
From what I am hearing the issues people r having r all these stat bugs...and some r still freezing? R there any benefits to downloading the patch if all u play is offline? I have only downloaded the very first patch...
I only have the very first patch too (1.05).

Honestly, unless accurate start times mean the world to you, I'd say NO. Not now.

The bugs you will encounter will be noticable. Though I HIGHLY doubt you will experience a freeze.

If you DL the patch, you will:

Gain- accurate start times, no more error bug when a player catches the ball off balance to end an inning, accurate wind direction OSD (via the start button)

Lose- accurate wins and losses in the standing for some teams, an accurate ticker, playoff brackets, the 'rd' and 'st' in numbers such as 23rd and 1st on the season tally OSD

I'm positive that I'm missing some pros and cons, especially for online since I do not know what changed and never play DD. This is just the basics.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 05-25-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #122
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Game Update 1.21 Arrives, Details Included - Post Your Impression

Thanks hero much appreciated!
Old 05-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 2

I downloaded 1.21 --- Would you recommend deleting it? If so, how do I do so and keep everything else in tact
Old 05-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #124
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm110
I downloaded 1.21 --- Would you recommend deleting it? If so, how do I do so and keep everything else in tact
I can't really say for sure.

I've only ever played on a patched system (release day, 1.05). I'd guess that playing patched is better than sanz patched.

We don't really know what was addressed with 1.05. SCEA doesn't release patch details for the release day update.

What I can say is that I highly doubt 1.21 will lock up your Franchise/RTTS. So I'd say just play away and enjoy.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #125
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Prompted to download Game Update 1.21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradylittle
I just downloaded the new patch and I cannot get past the intro. I get past the PS Move screens and the warning for those with epilepsy.

Then it get to the screen saying "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" and I cannot get past that screen. It doesn't freeze but just fades out, then repeats over and over again. Then if I let it do that for a few minutes, the screen just goes to black, the intro continues but it then lags over and over again in the remaining scenes of the intro. (San Diego Studio's screen, etc.)

Before this patch everything was completely fine, but I downloaded it anyway. I'm just wondering if anyone else is getting this problem and if there's anything I can do or if I'm just gonna have to wait until the next patch.

EDIT: I just let the whole intro play through, and it takes about 20 minutes and just freezes (or just takes forever) at the A-Gon loading screen. Lol this is disheartening.
This is exactly my problem. I've been waiting for it to load for twenty minutes haha. Just got home, so I haven't been able to see how Franchise is working, because my game won't load.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 6
Thumbs down Re: MLB 12 The Show Game Update 1.21 Arrives, Details Included - Post Your Impression

I played last night one game, Philly at Wash in franchise. The audio gave out, and would randomly come back. The game seemed to run and look better. But then after I finished the game it locked up. I'm gonna be sad if i have to put this game down.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just began inter-league play and found out how bad the ticker problem is. Opposing teams are messed up not only on the ticker but on the out of town scoreboards as well. For example they showed Cincinnati playing Colorado the same day they were playing the Yankees. There were other similar mistakes with some of the other teams during inter-league play. It looks like SCEA might have a new programmer working on the ticker and out of town scores or they just weren't tested for inter-league play.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #128
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Played the All Star game after downloading the patch, no freezing issues. But I did gain a half a game in my division during the All Star break??? Can't figure out how that happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »