Home

Grand Slam Tennis 2 - What Went Wrong?

This is a discussion on Grand Slam Tennis 2 - What Went Wrong? within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Challenged calls are only tangentially related to ATP and WTA tennis gameplay? It's a review system that has significantly altered the entire game of tennis. To the point where organizers of the French Open have a major problem on their hands by not having a solution. Yes, Hawkeye is more than a little relevant to authentic tennis gameplay.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #18
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 - What Went Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Challenged calls are only tangentially related to ATP and WTA tennis gameplay? It's a review system that has significantly altered the entire game of tennis. To the point where organizers of the French Open have a major problem on their hands by not having a solution. Yes, Hawkeye is more than a little relevant to authentic tennis gameplay.
In real life? Yes, but in a video game where the element of human error is usually out of the picture then it is a tangential feature. Not saying that it isn't necessary or wanted, but it's certainly not a dealbreaker either way.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 10
Well, anyway that wasn't even my point. I was simply illustrating a game that I thought was better. My point is simply that when you use created players with more realistic abilities, GST becomes a much better game in my opinion than any other tennis game I've ever played and I've played most of them on every console. I have TS4, it's just not as representative of real tennis to me and lacking in the graphics areas that make the game realistic and an immersive experience to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »