Home

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Nice, very neutral review.
I agree with Jerzey. NCAA has gotten favorable reviews and previews over the last couple of years, but didn't live up to the high standards most of us have. I'm not expecting anything revolutionary from Tiburon. I'd like a game that works. Getting the same presentation with improved gameplay is a lot better than a flashy, buggy mess wrapped in revolutionary hype.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it true that you can't export draft classes this year to use in Madden? That kind of defeats the purpose of ME playing the dynasty if they took that away.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I totally agree. I'm just hoping one of two things was happening in the demo:

1) EA was just showing them off in the demo so they stuck so many of them in one game

2) By playing 8 minute quarters they won't seem so intrusive.
Two thoughts come to mind.

#1 EA did not alter the demo in order to show off a feature. What is in the demo is the foundation of what will be in the final release. All the demo is, is a particular stage in the development of the product.

#2 If you play 8 minute quarters in order for the ads to not be so intrusive, then you are sacrificing realism in order to 'work around' a defect.d
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeboutte
No not this year. Next year we should be able to though. Its because of the new engine in Madden.
If the college version inherits the engine from the Madden version next year, there is no guarantee that the 'child' of the 'parent' (sorry, reminiscing of my college days taking programming classes, LOL!!!) will use all of those features. EA, if it gets to that point, will pick and choose what it wants to highlight in the college version.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #37
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
I have a bad feeling recruiting is going to get VERY tedious.....
Old 06-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #38
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

I think people will be more forgiving of the updates when they're playing Dynasty in the retail version. Then you'll actually have some connection to the games and will not be seeing the same ones every time you play, like in the demo.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #39
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
I have a bad feeling recruiting is going to get VERY tedious.....
Unfortunately, I can see this being true. The concept of the phone call and scouting are great. However, this can take lots of time, especially since the roulette is gone (which I am incredibly happy about, but because of it I would go faster through recruiting with it). Add in the scouting feature, it'll take even more time to do. I like doing it, but tedious is a good word.

It is because of these reasons that I would really prefer if EA went back to last gen's way of recruiting (why do I find myself saying this so often?). Let me assign head coach visits, assistant coach visits, or phone calls (not making them, just assigning them). If it was like this, we could still have the scouting feature. I think it'd be a little less tedious like this.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #40
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

For me, from what I've seen in the demo at least, recruiting is now going to mean a heck of a lot more. With the read and react defense, you are going to need to be able to recruit high profile defenders. There shouldn't be 60 Overall guys making incredible plays like last year. The offensive lineman ratings seem to be much more important as well. I've been getting monster rushes from Alabama/LSU, but when I play as USC, Oregon has had a much harder time getting pressure.

And it goes without saying that signing a big time QB will be more important than ever, along with WR's. I'm very much looking forward to recruiting this year, as its been so stale the last few years.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »