Home

Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
I want to know how sneaking out the back door of the hometown team that drafted you to join multiple all-stars to get a ring is "doing it the right way". He took a shortcut and he still hasn't lived up to what his talent says he should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1
My thoughts are . . . . .

If it was a true full season the Heat would not have won it all this year.

Honestly do not see Lebron winning another title as a starter again. Possibly end of career as a bench player another. But not as a starter.

Could I be wrong? Maybe. But that is what I truly believe.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #67
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyinPA75
My thoughts are . . . . .

If it was a true full season the Heat would not have won it all this year.

Honestly do not see Lebron winning another title as a starter again. Possibly end of career as a bench player another. But not as a starter.

Could I be wrong? Maybe. But that is what I truly believe.
Lol, actually this season was more strenuous than normal because all the games were so compressed. Teams playing multiple back-to-back-to-backs and going on runs like playing 6 games in 8 nights or some other outrageous schedule like that. That seems more taxing than a normal season.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
S/O to SteelersFreak for this post:

So...The Heat get no credit for dismantling the Thunder, but the NBA let James win and are going to continue it?
Haha I think that is just as ridiculous as the Mavs not getting credit for last year. The Heat deserve all the credit right now, they were awesome.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 06-23-2012, 03:42 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
I don't hate LeBron, but I don't look at the Heat's championship (or any subsequent championships) as overly impressive. I look at them the same way I do when the Yankees win a World Series, i.e., that they're supposed to win. The Heat's path to a ring is no different than a kid buying NBA 2K12, assuming control of the Orlando Magic and trading D-Rose and Blake Griffin to pair with Dwight Howard. It's like, yeah, you're going to beat the tar out of the computer and look impressive doing so. I don't know, it just feels like "cheesing" to me. I admire the Heat more than I did at first because they have started to play more of a "team" game. However, I honestly don't look at LeBron any differently now that he's won a ring. He's a great player and would still, in my opinion, go down as a Top-10 player of all time with or without a title. It just would have been more memorable/impressive had he done it in Cleveland.
Actually, the Thunder was the favored team. This is professional sports. THere are great players on every team. So the fact that Lebron went to Miami was just a free agency move. Not unlike Kobe when he was threatening to be traded to the Bulls when he thought management was doing a terrible job collecting assets.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:48 AM   #70
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
I don't hate LeBron, but I don't look at the Heat's championship (or any subsequent championships) as overly impressive. I look at them the same way I do when the Yankees win a World Series, i.e., that they're supposed to win. The Heat's path to a ring is no different than a kid buying NBA 2K12, assuming control of the Orlando Magic and trading D-Rose and Blake Griffin to pair with Dwight Howard. It's like, yeah, you're going to beat the tar out of the computer and look impressive doing so. I don't know, it just feels like "cheesing" to me. I admire the Heat more than I did at first because they have started to play more of a "team" game. However, I honestly don't look at LeBron any differently now that he's won a ring. He's a great player and would still, in my opinion, go down as a Top-10 player of all time with or without a title. It just would have been more memorable/impressive had he done it in Cleveland.
Or like this year's Kentucky team?
Old 06-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #71
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
Actually, the Thunder was the favored team. This is professional sports. THere are great players on every team. So the fact that Lebron went to Miami was just a free agency move. Not unlike Kobe when he was threatening to be traded to the Bulls when he thought management was doing a terrible job collecting assets.
Kobe didnt leave tho...he made a threat..LA made a move..thats what Bosses like Kobe do...he never intended to "leave" LA...otherwise he woulda left in free agency the year before that...no he had something to prove..that he could win one being "the man" on his team..that he could win one without shaq...and he did twice..and the end of the day..his help came to him...he didnt go to it..bosses dont do that weak crap...

Lebron was my Fav player until he went to MIA, i mean...i use to take HELL defending him against ppl..still kinda somewhat do...but imo..this doesnt feel right...like watching the celebration..it just seemed awkward to me...i got that "anywayz, nothing special" feeling from it...like...it didnt give me the "goosebumps" like i did last yr when Dirk got his first...you know why??...cuz Dirk toughed it out..he persevered...he didnt look for the easy way out or no shortcuts to a title, he kept truckin..believin he could get the team who believed in him in day one, the city who invested so much into him and vice versa over the hump..and he did...now that was SPECIAL to watch.

lets be honest..most of us EXPECTED them to win as soon as they joined up...Lebron, to me is by far the best player in the NBA..but he is also a coward and dnt have the mental/emotional strength n capacity to be considered on a MJ,Kobe,Magic,Kareem and Bird level to me..his Talent does...but "He" doesnt...

D-wade is the true winner, he made Bosh n Lebron come to his team...not to mention he already had a ring and a finals mvp...Dwade will always be one ring in front of Bron as long as they play together..thats BOSS loll

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bigmac612; 06-23-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2012, 04:17 AM   #72
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac612
Kobe didnt leave tho...he made a threat..LA made a move..thats what Bosses like Kobe do...he never intended to "leave" LA...otherwise he woulda left in free agency the year before that...no he had something to prove..that he could win one being "the man" on his team..that he could win one without shaq...and he did twice..and the end of the day..his help came to him...he didnt go to it..bosses dont do that weak crap...

Lebron was my Fav player until he went to MIA, i mean...i use to take HELL defending him against ppl..still kinda somewhat do...but imo..this doesnt feel right...like watching the celebration..it just seemed awkward to me...i got that "anywayz, nothing special" feeling from it...like...it didnt give me the "goosebumps" like i did last yr when Dirk got his first...you know why??...cuz Dirk toughed it out..he persevered...he didnt look for the easy way out or no shortcuts to a title, he kept truckin..believin he could get the team who believed in him in day one, the city who invested so much into him and vice versa over the hump..and he did...now that was SPECIAL to watch.

lets be honest..most of us EXPECTED them to win as soon as they joined up...Lebron, to me is by far the best player in the NBA..but he is also a coward and dnt have the mental/emotional strength n capacity to be considered on a MJ,Kobe,Magic,Kareem and Bird level to me..his Talent does...but "He" doesnt...

D-wade is the true winner, he made Bosh n Lebron come to his team...not to mention he already had a ring and a finals mvp...Dwade will always be one ring in front of Bron as long as they play together..thats BOSS loll

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Idk, the problem I have with the Dirk example is that LeBron didnt want to have to wait until he was 33 to win his first title. If you can move to a team where you KNOW you will have a strong supporting cast immediately, I dont see why you're not justified in taking that option.

You seem to be saying that LeBron should have waited for his problems to solve themselves. This is not only a questionable basketball ideal, but also a bad philosophy for life in general.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »