Home

NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #65
Rookie

BlakkMajik3000's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday

Some of you really need to get off it.

How dare OS members be so mean to EA?!?! It's hurts EA's "feelings" (since, you know, corporations are people now). That's why they aren't invited to the "super secret NBA Live 13 pajama jam tea and crumpets bash"!

True enough, there are some people that literally live to just hate on whatever EA does. They're called trolls, and every forum in existence has them. However, most criticism lobbed at EA is legit, and it's not the fault of OS or it's members that EA can't handle it.

I realize that EA wants to keep playing "chicken" with 2K to see who will reveal first, but that's a game that will end very badly for EA.

2K has the reputation of the best basketball game ever. They could probably still sell at least a million copies of 2K13 even if they didn't show a single gameplay video prior to release. Their reputation affords them the luxury of waiting for EA to show it's hand first.

EA, on the other hand, is the one that has to convince people they are capable of making a legitimate contender to 2K. They do not have the luxury to just keep everything secret until 2K shows something.

Bottom line, EA needs to put up or shut up. All these games they are playing are making them look WORSE every day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #66
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs6taters
Not a big surprise. I think it's clear most OS members hate EA and eat up any and all things 2K. Just check the Football forums, 1 out of every 3 threads you look at will have a 2K reference in some form or fashion.

Whatever is shown or not shown will be made known soon enough for you guys to at.
SMDH at this nonsense. If you actually ventured over into the 2K BASKETBALL forums you would see this is not the case. Not everyone likes the game and more and more people are getting fed up with the marketing.

Other than that why bring up football in a basketball forum?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #67
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

And for those saying OS has bashed EA the last 3 years, read this thread, it'll show you that real is recognized here.

http://osatwork.com/forums/showthrea...10+impressions
Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #68
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

OS was excluded but IGN and HipHopGamer wasn't?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #69
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
SMDH at this nonsense. If you actually ventured over into the 2K BASKETBALL forums you would see this is not the case. Not everyone likes the game and more and more people are getting fed up with the marketing.

Other than that why bring up football in a basketball forum?
Since we're bringing up football here, think it's safe to assume that Stern doesn't get an invite either since he wouldn't sign an exclusive deal for EA so they could keep their spot on top of basketball like they did football.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #70
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs6taters
Not a big surprise. I think it's clear most OS members hate EA and eat up any and all things 2K. Just check the Football forums, 1 out of every 3 threads you look at will have a 2K reference in some form or fashion.

Whatever is shown or not shown will be made known soon enough for you guys to at.
Have you looked at the 2k basketball section at all? It's basically constant negativity 24/7. I'm not sure where this "OS hates EA and loves everything VC puts out" stuff is coming from.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 10
With all the "SMH" on the this forum, we could power a wind turbine.

So far neither side has shown anything. I don't think EA and live are going to show us the most incredible basketball game of all time...but 2k isn't perfect either. I don't want either company to fail because they both have influenced video game basketball in a huge way. I'm grateful for that.

It's the same waiting game year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #72
Rookie

riggs6taters's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Have you looked at the 2k basketball section at all? It's basically constant negativity 24/7. I'm not sure where this "OS hates EA and loves everything VC puts out" stuff is coming from.
Ah just my 2 cents I guess, seems like what I see on here but I'll take your word on the 2K forums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »