Home

Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales?

This is a discussion on Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7
US Nhl fans are fans. I know if there is a lockout looming and selfishly hope its doesnt happen ( Season ticket holder to coyotes----lockout would seal coffin in the desert) I know NHL 13 will be on my TV nightly if games arent.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
The year they didn't play, I didn't buy the game. I was in no mood to play it with them bickering over money. It was pathetic and I hope they get their act together quickly, because I don't want to miss another season (and the accompanying game).
Old 08-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 2
i think if there is a lockout people will want the game more ,since we cant watch it,we will have to get it some way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales?

A few threads on this now.... We have some worried fans.

It will suck so hard if I can't watch 82 games of the mighty pens but I doubt the sales will really be affected in the long run. As the core will pick up the game no matter what, and most of the fence sitters are keen for this title with all the new features.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4
Another lock out? Jesus NHL do you understand by strikes and lockouts you lose alot of fans, tv contracts etc.? I mean you were just slightly getting your fan base back and stuff and now you just threw it away, good job greedy rich people
Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5
Good Old Gary. He is such a joke! Tries to promote the sport, then stuff like this happens. He has such a great track record. He has been a complete failure ever since he became the MAN of the NHL. I know it takes 2 to tango, but man, when something positive for the sport has happened, he never seems to take the "moment" to get a bigger audience to watch the sport.

If the lockout does take place, I think it will affect the sale of the game. As for the game I hope it is as good as EA is ranting with its new elements they say that they have put into the game. I am glad I can come to OS to read what the staff and forum members say about the game.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Wasn't NHL 2005 one of the worst games in the series? I couldn't see a lockout impacting things that much. Wasn't 2k5 way better that year? I remember a lot of people sticking with 2004 on PC with updated rosters rather than going to 05.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Wasn't NHL 2005 one of the worst games in the series? I couldn't see a lockout impacting things that much. Wasn't 2k5 way better that year? I remember a lot of people sticking with 2004 on PC with updated rosters rather than going to 05.
EA's hockey titles really struggled to match 2K's quality in the early-to-mid-2000s. I remember getting NHL 2K for the Dreamcast, and there was no going back to EA hockey after that. It was such a mind-blowing game for the time, much the way NHL 98 had been just a few years ago.

It wasn't until NHL 07 that EA hockey games started to regain my interest.

Last edited by jyoung; 08-15-2012 at 09:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »