Home

NHL 13 Demo Release Date Announced, Features Kings vs. Devils and 4 Different Modes

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Demo Release Date Announced, Features Kings vs. Devils and 4 Different Modes within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 Demo Features Kings vs. Devils and Four Different Modes, Arrives August 21

There are only 2 timezones, which are 1h apart from each other, as far as I know in Europe. I guess they just put that date out, to make sure nobody gets upset if it doesnīt come out the 21st. But, on the other side, I donīt think there is an additional store update just for the NHL13 demo....

I guess what Iīm trying to say is, Iīm pretty sure we also get it the 21st here, but very late in the day most probably !

Anyway...I canīt wait for it to come out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
Maybe they just meant available everywhere in Europe PSN the 22nd? Meaning it could possibly show up the 21st for some.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #50

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 13 Demo Release Date Announced, Features Kings vs. Devils and 4 Different Mod

How big will the demo be? I really thought last year was like just over 1GB or something? Then I look at the madden demo this year, and it's over 2GB!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Demo Features Kings vs. Devils and Four Different Modes, Arrives August 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsmith119
I'm still playing HUT in NHL 11. I like it, but it seems I'm in the minority. I've enjoyed it since FIFA 10, and it's a fun different way to manage a team.
I really enjoy HUT. I wish it allowed me to play it solo and use auto-aim, since that is how I play offline. But it did help me commit to playing with manual aim more.

I play off and on. I actually stuck NHL 12 in the other day, and despite not thinking about it when I booted the game up, the first thing I did was check out my HUT team and ended up playing several games.

It's a pretty engaging mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 13 Demo Release Date Announced, Features Kings vs. Devils and 4 Different Mod

I haven't even attempted to download the Madden demo yet ( Nor do I feel I really want to,lol).

But on demo day, (PS3), I will definitely be there! And I'm more of a football fan...

Kinda says it all.......haha.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #53
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I haven't even attempted to download the Madden demo yet ( Nor do I feel I really want to,lol).

But on demo day, (PS3), I will definitely be there! And I'm more of a football fan...

Kinda says it all.......haha.
Well Sega...I downloaded the Madden demo last night.

I haven't played Madden at all in four years, so maybe I was easily impressed with some of the things I saw.

There are still some issues, but overall...I had fun playing the demo. But it didn't curb my anticipation at all, for our NHL demo.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #54
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1

I haven't played Madden at all in four years, so maybe I was easily impressed with some of the things I saw.

There are still some issues, but overall...I had fun playing the demo. But it didn't curb my anticipation at all, for our NHL demo.

I feel the opposite... I didn't like the Madden demo.. Most was ok but the fact that you can still turn on a dime when running is terrible..

Moving on,
I can't wait for this demo to come out.. Tues or Wed It doesn't matter.. I want some NHL action... I'll be waiting as I am off on Wed and Thurs wooohooo
Old 08-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1

I get that. I'm just more excited for the NHL demo than Madden, lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #56
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I get that. I'm just more excited for the NHL demo than Madden, lol
Sega and Tim....

Yeah, I was being a bit kind to what I experienced with the Madden demo.

The one thing I really didn't like was, that the AI still never seems to adjust to your play-calling. On All-Pro, I was able to call the same slant pass repeatedly with complete success all the way down the field. And did the exact same thing the next drive. Same outcome. Now granted...it was on All-Pro not All-Madden, with default sliders. But again, I hadn't touched Madden in four years. That seemed to be quite easy after such a long absents, imo. With the cat and mouse game that football is...the at least seeming lack of the AI to adjust...that imo sorely needs to be there if in fact it's not. And yeah...some of the player movements are kinda hard to look at.

I was trying to be nice...now you guys got me ranting. But anyway, yep...I am much happier with what I've seen outta NHL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »