Home

NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From 2K Sports Team Up (vannwolfhawk)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From 2K Sports Team Up (vannwolfhawk) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #153
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From 2K Sports Team Up (vannwolfhawk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KspadeTheProspect
Great stuff bro!
Thanks man! Did you put a video out yet? I saw smallz, Carter's, and shakes. Where is yours? I felt like you and me were on the same page with a lot of gameplay ideas! And for the record I hope you get your crew in! Lol!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #154
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Vann whenever you pick up your dribble do the players come up running to you so you can pass the ball to them? In 2k12 once you pick up the dribble your teammates treat you like you were injured and try to be as far away from you as possible...
So Vann did they address this issue?
Old 08-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #155
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
So Vann did they address this issue?
I couldn't tell you. Maybe some of the videos from games on can answer that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #156
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Vannwolfhawk, in all the gamescom videos I'm seeing this sliding/ice skating animation happen everytime when 2 players collide, sometimes with the ball, but mostly without the ball.

For example, in one of the videos, Bosh is fighting for position in the post and the defender "pushes" him out of position many times, causing this animation where Bosh "ice skates" away from the defender and with his body kind of frozen.

I know this could be due to the build of the demo, but could you please let the guys at 2K know about this. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 0
So will crew be in the game thats the only reason ill buy it.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hello Wolf and thank you for your insight.

However I have some additional questions:

1.) How is returning in defense (when losing the ball or after basket) implemented this year? In 2k12 there were many fast-breaks due to slow returning from offence. In fact you could see your teammates slowly jogging back to defense when opposite players were sprinting in offence?

2.) What about "automatic" (auto) response from your controlled defender when opposite player makes pump fake (in 2k12 your player often automatically lifts arms -> out of position)? Smoove said that he noticed some auto-response from his guy when CPU makes step-back.

3.) What about sucking animation in defense? For example when CPU plays PNR your player often goes into slow animation "go over/under the screen" and leaves you out-of-position? Same applies when your player hits teammate and goes into slow animation... Is this addressed?

4.) What about auto-changed movement when opponent tries to double team your play-maker? For example opposite team plays Half Court Trap... and even your play-maker isn't trapped (for example your play-maker is on right side of court, second defender is still on left side of court and coming to trap you) it goes into "protect ball" mode -> thus make his self uncontrollable. Online cheesers are exploiting this behaviour when they set "always double" the whole opposite team.

5.) Steal spam? How is this addressed? Did they make long recovery time for unsuccessful steal attempt?

6.) What about jumping on pump-fake and then super recovering from?

7.) How they addressed PNR? I think in 2k12 it was a little broken (not all PNR plays but most of them), did the improve it? What about defending PNR? Did they address lead-pass cheese as it was in 2k11?

Thank you for answers.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #159
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Vannwolfhawk, in all the gamescom videos I'm seeing this sliding/ice skating animation happen everytime when 2 players collide, sometimes with the ball, but mostly without the ball.

For example, in one of the videos, Bosh is fighting for position in the post and the defender "pushes" him out of position many times, causing this animation where Bosh "ice skates" away from the defender and with his body kind of frozen.

I know this could be due to the build of the demo, but could you please let the guys at 2K know about this. Thanks.
I'm sure it's the build and probably and most likely has been addressed. They did a great job with implementing better foot planting and less skating! That being said its never going to be 100% perfect.

Let me say this, after we spoke with all the devs they stayed in the room and watched us play. 1 time I had the ball and my team got a offensive 3 seconds call and I was like wtf I had 5 guys on 1 side of the floor. Rob jones immediately noticed this and asked me about it and wanted to make sure that got fixed and why it happened. Same things I would assume with other guys like smoove said in his video about getting stuck while never even moving. The devs are just as anal as we are! Lol! So, there is a good chance this has already been fixed?!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #160
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariononeal93
So will crew be in the game thats the only reason ill buy it.
We dont know... Won't find out until September but lapsed made his points heard about it I guarantee you that! Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »