Home

NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer and Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer and Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
Don't judge. I buy packs and I have terrible win loss record. It is fun collecting cards/packs. The additions this year make it easier for those to build a team without paying cause before you almost had to pay to stay in mid-upper 90's but now players won't retire so it will help those who complain about the people who buy their team...
Mate buy what ever you want I am not saying stop that feature. I just want something in the game that rewards the people who don't buy the packs and earn the team, but because we we don't pay more money and spend more time with the game we are at a disadvantage...how is that fair in anyway
Old 08-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

No career limits is great.

But they should at least give people the option to use a salary cap if they want when searching for games or tournaments.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #11
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

I wish there was a trade block and an auction block. There are some cards I'd rather trade than sell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7
Off-topic, but does anyone know the song playing in the background?
Old 09-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
The reason the no salary cap and no career limits works in Fifa is because there's so many players. Pulling an 85 rated player FIFA is really great. In HUT, it's just opening another pack. I guess now people will have an all legends second or third line(maybe both) hiding behind their NHL first line. If anything they should have lowered the salary cap, not by a huge amount, but maybe a little bit. Now AHL and CHL players are gonna be useless.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love the no career limits because then you could effectively try to collect (and use) EVERY HUT card. But, I wiSh there were salary caps still. Imagine the types of tournament restrictions you could have if you encouraged people to collect all the cards and they were infinitely usable. (ie Swedish born, 18 year olds who shoot right handed). This severely limits non-NHL player desirability.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #15
Rookie

ajaxab's Arena

OVR: 6
I don't think EA is doing a very good job of communicating here. Clearly, according to the blog, there are still contracts (see the bullet point under 'Build' and the section under Common/Rare). It would seem that they have to play some role for those who want to use them. Maybe they'll have separate tournaments for salary cap players and non-salary cap players, but unless the blog is flat out lying or the contracts mean nothing, then the salary cap still appears to be in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer and Blog

On the NHL 13 stream that EA had the day before the demo came out I believe they said that there will be certain tournaments and such that will require a salary cap

EDIT: at about 2 hours and 4 minutes into the stream they talk about the salary cap for HUT

http://livestre.am/45Wmm

Last edited by Panicshade; 09-01-2012 at 05:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »